Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Great ride , strange encounter...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 12:51 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,271 Likes on 11,143 Posts

I've gotten mostly comments of admiration from all ages and genders. I usually always get at least one admirer per stop.

Then there was Yellowstone last year and the Asian tourists. After they we tired of chasing the elk, and trying to get poses in front of bison, they got I front of our trike for pictures.

Oh yeah..cue in recent Asain tourist that was gored by a bison. I'm surprised it doesn't happen all the time. It was scary and comical to watch. As the tour bus doors opened when they stopped to observed bison or elk, it was like an anthill exploded and all these black haired heads were running around in the meadows after the animals.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by cochon
Weirdest one I ever experienced was in Idaho. MY wife and I stopped at a restaurant for lunch. I forgot something on the bike so I went out to get it. When I got in the parking lot, there was a bus load of Japanese tourists and they were all around the trike taking pictures of it. As I approached one of them came up to me and asked with limited English and lots of hand gestures if he could sit on the seat for a photo. I said yes----BIG MISTAKE!!! They all wanted to take a turn sitting on it. I told them that they couldn't just start climbing all over it like some jungle gym, but that they were welcome to stand beside it for all the photos they wanted. Well, it took probably a half an hour, but everybody got their turn and they all seemed to be having a blast. I think that I did my part for U.S.-Japanese relations that day.
Had the same thing happen to me at a motel in the Smokeys. Trike was sitting out with blue LED lights on and a tour bus pulled into the lot. They did the same and I made the same mistake...yep, they all had to take turns sitting on it...I even took their interpreter for a ride around the motel lot...crazy. I guess they don't see many over in Japan

Old 05-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,541 Posts

OP, should have smiled and said "Son, that's therapy. You should see how I walk when I don't ride it."

Old 05-22-2015, 05:46 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Frostbite
OP, should have smiled and said "Son, that's therapy. You should see how I walk when I don't ride it."
Your not whistling dixie LOL .. not too far from the truth there . LOL . Thanks for the laugh .. that was great. Guess I was not feeling inspired to make a witty
comeback. I was too busy laughing at the person I had encountered.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:46 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Some great stories on here LOL . you sure do meet all kinds .

Old 05-22-2015, 09:44 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't allow anyone to sit on my Trike period. It's way to easy for someone that does not know what there doing to scratch a fender. I sure would not let one much less a bus load of Asian tourist sit on it or get near it for that fact, no way in hell that would happen...

Ride Safe All,
Bill G

Last edited by Bill G; 05-22-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:29 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill G
I don't allow anyone to sit on my Trike period. It's way to easy for someone that does not know what there doing to scratch a fender. I sure would not let one much less a bus load of Asian tourist sit on it or get near it for that fact, no way in hell that would happen...

Ride Safe All,
Bill G

You say that, and then, one day you walk out of a restaurant and there are 30-40 of them standing around your bike.....

Old 05-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cochon
You say that, and then, one day you walk out of a restaurant and there are 30-40 of them standing around your bike.....
I have had groups of people gather around my bike over the years for what ever reason. Even had them ask for photo ops and want to sit on the bike. Most times it has been parents wanting pictures of there kids sitting on the Harley, I politely decline them.

I always politely and I mean very politely ask them to move away. If that don't work I tell them to move away and keep a safe space from my bike in a slightly stronger manner. Most everyone if not all over the years I have ask politely get it and move on. If none of these approaches would work or were suitable for the situation I would just move my Motorcycle.

Also your point in your post would make no difference to me. Even if there was 30 or 40 of them around my bike as you mentioned I would still not envite or let them if asked to sit on my bike. Like I said above there is no way in hell that would happen.

It's sad but most people out there don't care or have the knolege base to respect others property. (A $30.000.00 plus dollar motorcycle) It's bad enough dealing with them on a regular basis much less inviting people for what ever reason to sit on your bike.

Best Regards & Ride Safe,
Bill G