Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Long Ride Shields Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Can't pass up that sale. Just ordered a 6" dark smoke. Now I will have 4 different shields. She is a true hi maintenance girl she is, different close for every occasion

If you had been considering a new shield for any amount of time now is the time to buy one. At these prices it could be many months before they are this low again.

I usually watch their sale prices and to me this was the best.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:22 PM
wijr1949
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My 2011 TG has a 12" windshield on it now.
I have what my mom called a "long-waisted" body so I sit a little taller than most people.
When sitting on the bike, the top of the shield is about an inch or so below my line of sight.
If I order the 12" recurve, it should look and feel the same as my stock 12" shield does, right?
Or should I order the 10"?

Last edited by wijr1949; 05-25-2015 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2015, 03:12 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

First off I did a test to see where the air and how much was coming from under the shield and head light. It is very little and it moves the air upward when it comes under the shield. The heritage may fit better. I have read where some are using it. As far as fitting just get the one for the 5 hole on top brace. If not large enough just use a dermal. I have cut a lot of windshields and it is fairly easy. Just use painters tape for your cut. The larger the cutting wheel the easier it is. I use a 2 inch sanding wheel on my drill.
I ordered the one for the Roadking.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by wijr1949
My 2011 TG has a 12" windshield on it now.
I have what my mom called a "long-waisted" body so I sit a little taller than most people.
When sitting on the bike, the top of the shield is about an inch or so below my line of sight.
If I order the 12" recurve, it should look and feel the same as my stock 12" shield does, right?
Or should I order the 10"?

The 12" should be the same except with the recurve wind should go a little higher as it passes overhead.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

I want a little wind in the face to feel like I was back in the day with no shield. But with that said do not want to give up the GPS, Stereo, Ext. We will see what the 6" is like. We currently have a 12", 11" and 10" with the 10" being primary shied, and still deflects air Just about hairline level. I think the 6" will get me the feeling like the dog with his head out the window feeling I miss.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Red59
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big mo
For your flrt did you get the shield for the road king or heritage? The road king has a bigger cut out for the head light leaving a bigger gap on the freewheeler. The shield for the heritage has a smaller cut out so the gap would be less. Just wondering if the heritage shield would fit.
I bought a 16" recurve for a Road King and use it on my flrt, bigger gap yes, but if I place my hand up front when riding really don't notice much coming through at all.
LRS had stated that the Heritage shield may work, smaller headlight opening, but I had a frame for a 7 hole windshield so had to stick with the RK shield.
Red

Old 05-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received my shield this morning and installed it in a few minutes. I got the 9" recurve light tint and it arrived in perfect condition, inspite of the box end coming open during transit. Now I can look over the top of the windshield instead of having to stretch my neck to see over it. Thanks LRS for a great sale and product.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:31 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r
Received my shield this morning and installed it in a few minutes. I got the 9" recurve light tint and it arrived in perfect condition, inspite of the box end coming open during transit. Now I can look over the top of the windshield instead of having to stretch my neck to see over it. Thanks LRS for a great sale and product.
I saw your posting that your received your Long Ride Shield so I started checking my emails.

1. I couldn't find a confirmation that I ordered it on 24 May, which I thought I did.
2. I called Long Ride Shields today to see if they had an order for me.
3. They didn't so I didn't put the order in. My bad.
4. However I got the order in today for the 9" Elite Ultra Light Tinted for 2014 and he also gave me the 60% discount.
5. He said for the 60% is usually offered Memorial and Veteran's day.
6. Also, they don't have shields on stock, they make them when they receive the order. Usually around 5 or 6 days for this sell.
7. He said he would try to put a rush on mine because I thought I had already ordered it.

Great support. So, I have another week to go.

Cheers!

Last edited by MackAttack; 05-29-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:55 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Glad it all worked out for you. Great shields at a great price.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:38 PM
wijr1949
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I got my new light tinted shield yesterday evening and mounted it in a few minutes.
Finally got to ride it today and I have to say there is a tremendous difference in this recurve shield and my original.
I love it and the tint really helps with the glare off the concrete highways.
I rode a short while last night and now, if one of those blinding blue-light trucks is coming at me, I duck down and let the tint take care of all that brightness.
I think I made a great choice.
And, at the price with the discount they offered, it was a really good deal.
Thanks, Long Ride Shields.

Last edited by wijr1949; 06-10-2015 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shields Sale