Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Packing the TG for a long trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 03:19 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts
Default Packing the TG for a long trip

Packing up the TG this morning....

This is what it looked like outside the TG-The Tour-Pak is already full, tools are already in the trunk. The black stuff sack and the cooler go on the TP rack, all the rest goes in the trunk.

All in with plenty of room to spare!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-26-2015, 08:49 AM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 215 Likes on 125 Posts

pretty neat looking!

Old 05-26-2015, 05:05 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good. Would like to see photo of tour pack also.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

This is how we pack for long trips

Love the Bushtec trailer...

Old 05-27-2015, 02:31 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by MackAttack
Looks good. Would like to see photo of tour pack also.
Will get pics of the Tour Pak sometime in the next few days.

On another forum someone asked about the tools...I know you didn't ask, but here's a pic of that-

Tools.... Here is a pic of what I have, easier than listing them all out. The only thing I did not bring that I should have, is a roll of electrical wire. I realized that when I took the pic this morning. Also should have brought a little extra hose and some hose clamps.

All that fits in this bag-

A few things that are in the picture, but not real visible-

Extra fuses
Different size zip ties
A complete tire plug kit
Dyna Beads in case I need to replace a tire
Dielectric grease
3/8-1/4 socket adapter
A few paper shop towels, and under the passenger seat I have a few cloth shop towels

Old 05-27-2015, 02:32 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Casper
This is how we pack for long trips

Love the Bushtec trailer...
Yep, that's a whole other ballgame there!

Old 05-28-2015, 06:21 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Jeez, Kevin; if you'd add a torque wrench and a ring compressor, you could do an engine rebuild with all those tools! I should probably take more than I do.

But that looks great, I especially like they way you use smaller bags rather than fewer large ones. Although the roll-up vacuum bags we use are nice, too; once they're in there, they're fine whether they stay sealed or not.

Is that for two?

Oh, and you should add the loaded image on your compressor page, it really helps with the perspective on how much room it actually uses (or doesn't use.)

Old 05-29-2015, 03:09 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oogie Wa Wa
Jeez, Kevin; if you'd add a torque wrench and a ring compressor, you could do an engine rebuild with all those tools! I should probably take more than I do.

But that looks great, I especially like they way you use smaller bags rather than fewer large ones. Although the roll-up vacuum bags we use are nice, too; once they're in there, they're fine whether they stay sealed or not.

Is that for two?

Oh, and you should add the loaded image on your compressor page, it really helps with the perspective on how much room it actually uses (or doesn't use.)
Yeah, I probably won't use most of them, but in case I do need them, I have them. Was able to help out a guy on a VTX 1800 a few days ago who did not have the tools he needed to do some roadside repair.

Yeah, using the smaller bags makes everything a lot easier.

That is for two, AND it includes warm weather and cold weather gear, along with rain suits for whatever we encounter...no big amount of layers since we have Gerbing jackets.

Great idea on the Air Ride page. Thank you!

Old 05-29-2015, 07:40 PM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow! And I thought Sandi and I were doing good with our packing for a 2500 mile round trip to the NC/TN mountains a couple weeks ago. We had the trunk and tour pack full, with a case bungee-netted to the TP rack. She made me (!) trim my tools way down when one of our touring buddies said "why take tools, that's why you have a warranty!", but I still managed to get what I thought was the bare minimum in the small HD black bag. I didn't take any pictures, but we probably had about 50% more volume than you, so I think we have some more learning to do. My hat is off to you guys!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:22 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by MB1953
Wow! And I thought Sandi and I were doing good with our packing for a 2500 mile round trip to the NC/TN mountains a couple weeks ago. We had the trunk and tour pack full, with a case bungee-netted to the TP rack. She made me (!) trim my tools way down when one of our touring buddies said "why take tools, that's why you have a warranty!", but I still managed to get what I thought was the bare minimum in the small HD black bag. I didn't take any pictures, but we probably had about 50% more volume than you, so I think we have some more learning to do. My hat is off to you guys!
I bet you had a blast in the NC/TN mountains!

We are visiting family along the way...one of the things we take advantage of is their washer and dryer....and sometimes the jeans are in serious need.

Quick Reply: Packing the TG for a long trip