Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Trying to stay with 9 Porsche's

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 01:31 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts
Default Tri-Glide Trying to stay with 9 Porsche's

Running in Canada, we ended up behind 9 Porsche's.

Since the day I first test rode a Tri-Glide I have been super impressed with their handling in the corners, and have often said, "even though they look like they would easily tip over, they handle amazingly well, like a Porsche or a go-cart".

Well, my day came to test out what I'd been saying. We were on a road that had sweeper after sweeper, every now and then there was room to pass the slower moving vehicles (ones that were driving with some semblance of abiding by the 54 mph - 90 KPH speed limit).

There were 9 of them, only can see 4 in the pic below. In the straights, it was a joke, they would pull away from me like I was standing still, even though I was doing 75-85 mph, but in the sweepers, amazingly, I would catch up to them. I am sure they must have had more in them, but I was doing 70-75 thru most of the sweepers, and they were not, even though when they exited, the must have been hitting 120 MPH.

It was fun, but it ended too soon, they turned off the road after only about 20 miles and we continued on (much closer to the speed limit) toward our destination for the day.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 06-27-2015, 01:46 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Bet that was fun.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:54 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice!! you have some awesome road experiences. Thanks for sharing them. P.S. I know you have a lift kit on your trike. i have been toying with the idea of getting one but had been concerned it would make it too easy for the inside wheel to come up when cornering hard. I guess this post pretty much answers that question. I can not imagine riding the freewheeler any harder than you ride your tri - glide . Be safe out on the road.

Last edited by missedem; 06-29-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:16 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by missedem
Nice!! you have some awesome road experiences. Thanks for sharing them. P.S. I know you have a lift kit on your trike. i have been toying with the idea of getting one but had been concerned it would make it too easy for the inside wheel to come up when cornering hard. I guess this post pretty much answers that question. I can not imagine riding the freewheeler any harder than you ride your tri - glide . Be safe out on the road.
Thanks, we have a lot of fun on the TG, that's for sure.

Here's a vid showing how well the TG (and Freewheeler) can handle the corners with the Comfort Lift Kit.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:54 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the conformation. Since the first time I rode the wife's Tri I have said they handle like a Porche.

Bill

Old 07-20-2015, 10:42 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Enjoyed the video. That looks like fun!!

Old 07-20-2015, 05:06 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
Bet that was fun.
Yep, smiling right now thinking about it!

Originally Posted by billnourse
Thanks for the conformation. Since the first time I rode the wife's Tri I have said they handle like a Porche.

Bill
Yes, HD certainly hit the ball out of the park when they addressed the handling of their trikes!

Originally Posted by missedem
Enjoyed the video. That looks like fun!!
Cool. Glad you enjoyed, definitely a lot of fun taking the TG into the twisties!

Old 07-22-2015, 12:04 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I posted my experience a while back, don't know if you saw it or not. Last year coming back from Rolling Thunder was traveling Skyline Drive/BRP/Cherohala Skyway back home. I was approached by about 7 rice rockets so I pulled over to let them pass. Just for giggles I thought I would see if I could keep up with them. I stayed right behind them for 7 miles. Like you said they pulled away from me on the straights, but I caught up with them and stayed with them in the twisties. I got a thumbs up from them as I rode past when they pulled off onto a rest area. It sure was invigorating to say the least.
I sure wish I had a video of it because there were some anti trike posters that said that couldn't happen and I was exaggerating. Well, I know I did it and I see you've experienced it also.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:24 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Kevin, this might keep ya up with those Porsche's !!
Not too sure about the MPG, but what the hell !!!