Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Pic Heavy Ride Report - MS to Bella Coola & Back 11,000 Miles Heat, Hail & Bears

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 02:40 PM
VB2KDH
Road Master

Received 225 Likes on 80 Posts

Great looking ride/photos.
Spent 39 months in Yuma, AZ. The saying there was "if it was 10 degrees cooler, you would be in hell".

Like you, prefer heat and humidity to scorching hot and dry.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:18 PM
rwhgme
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bicycled that road. We had to have a guide for the front AND rear of our group for safety reasons...it WAS infreakingcredible!

Old 10-06-2015, 12:13 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)
great pics. ride safely fearless
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Imold
When I moved to AZ, first day at work was around 110. Windshield off, short sleeve shirt, no gloves. It hurt!. Put the windshield back on when I got home, wore helmet, long sleeve shirt, leather gloves. No mesh stuff back then, just had to endure the slow bake to work, NO long rides in those temps. Air felt like that opening the oven door blast, painful on exposed skin. In the summer, worst days I gave up and took the cage to work. Had to take the thermostat out of that so it wouldn't overheat in 115+. Lotta folks thought a car wouldn't work without one. They weren't mechanics.
Yeah, that kind of heat is just not great for daily riding..that is sure.

Originally Posted by VB2KDH
Great looking ride/photos.
Spent 39 months in Yuma, AZ. The saying there was "if it was 10 degrees cooler, you would be in hell".

Like you, prefer heat and humidity to scorching hot and dry.

Sounds about right!

Originally Posted by rwhgme
I bicycled that road. We had to have a guide for the front AND rear of our group for safety reasons...it WAS infreakingcredible!
No doubt, it is an amazing place!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-06-2015, 12:13 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Day with Fuzzy continued, still on the Colorado National Monument.

Stopped at the Fruita Canyon Overlook...we're no where near the top, but the view is spectacular.

We were looking at the clear coat I put on my rear wheels to see how it was holding up. Just a couple small spots where it looks like it got chipped by some rocks.

Stopped at the visitor center. Inside was so enthralled with all the info on how they built the road, did not take any pics. lol

Back on the road, heading up the hill.

Looking back.

Usually Mary takes what pics she can as we are riding. The scenery up here is so immense, that I was constantly slowing down, sometimes stopping for pics.

The edge of the road the road is hanging out over/above the road....not something I really care for. lol But it is an amazing sight!

Everywhere we turn the views are HUGE. Pic taken on the fly.

Even though I was mostly taking a leisurely pace, every now and then some curves just begged for me to him them hard...which I did.

Near the top, taking in the view.

More in next post.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:32 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Colorado National Monument with Fuzzy continued.

We're starting to head back down now...

Mary missed a shot she wanted...so we did a u-turn. Alan was a bit unsure at first, but then realized how stable these TG's are.

Amazing view!

Look ma, no hands! Felt a bit like we were on a roller coaster, and it looked like the road ended up ahead.

Some more fun curves!

Oh Yeah!

This pic is not distorted, that is how the road surface was angled. Fun!

Everywhere we looked the road was fun and the sights were amazing. We can't thank Alan enough for taking us on this tour today.

Whenever I heard of the Colorado National Monument, I thought it was a monument, a statue.

Another tunnel...

...guess they decided not to tunnel thru this, just blow a channel thru the rock!

We still have a bit more the the CNM, then a ride across some desert, then up to the Grand Mesa (where there is still some snow), then a ride thru a great canyon road, then some more desert, then back in GJ.

Next installment coming soon.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:40 AM
VB2KDH
Road Master

Received 225 Likes on 80 Posts

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

Really great pics. enjoy the ride looks like you have a good tour guide cute to. ride safely fearless

Old 10-06-2015, 09:31 AM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

What a stunning world there is out there! Thanks for bringing it to us Kevin & Mary! These ride reports are legendary!

Old 10-06-2015, 05:45 PM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like Fuzzy helped you discover why I love Colorado. Next time you're out this way plan a few days near Colorado Springs, and I'll show you some more beautiful areas. Depending on the time of the year we may ride to the top of Pikes Peak also.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:24 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by VB2KDH
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)
Really great pics. enjoy the ride looks like you have a good tour guide cute to. ride safely fearless
Originally Posted by ZD
What a stunning world there is out there! Thanks for bringing it to us Kevin & Mary! These ride reports are legendary!
Originally Posted by COFLHTK
Looks like Fuzzy helped you discover why I love Colorado. Next time you're out this way plan a few days near Colorado Springs, and I'll show you some more beautiful areas. Depending on the time of the year we may ride to the top of Pikes Peak also.

Yeah, the little bit of Colorado we have seen so far is amazing!

We've been trying to get here for years, glad we finally did, and Fuzzy had outdone himself showing us around!

COFLHTK, will def be trying to meet up with you in the next year or two.

Quick Reply: Pic Heavy Ride Report - MS to Bella Coola & Back 11,000 Miles Heat, Hail & Bears