Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Pic Heavy Ride Report - MS to Bella Coola & Back 11,000 Miles Heat, Hail & Bears

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:48 AM
Tryker Dude
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro 54
I'm sure I missed it, but how many miles was this trip in total? Great trip !!!!
This is from page 40 of this thread.

"It was a great trip, packed with memories, met some great folks, and it will take some time to digest everything we saw.

I am going to try and make a map, showing the roads traveled, by day.

We were gone 50 days. This trip we spent a lot more time visiting family and friends than on previous trips. Out of the 50 days we have only traveled 35 of them (plus one full day riding around GJ with Fuzzy, and a half of a day with Trent & Barbara in Idaho).

Our mileage traveled is 11,543 miles...about an average of 320 miles per day. Some days were 500 miles or more. Other days, more sight seeing, were less than 200.

It's been a blast! Thank you all for riding along with us.

Since Kevin has been so busy with his project I thought I could help out by doing this for him.

Last edited by Tryker Dude; 12-13-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:16 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Tryker Dude
This is from page 40 of this thread.

"It was a great trip, packed with memories, met some great folks, and it will take some time to digest everything we saw.

I am going to try and make a map, showing the roads traveled, by day.

We were gone 50 days. This trip we spent a lot more time visiting family and friends than on previous trips. Out of the 50 days we have only traveled 35 of them (plus one full day riding around GJ with Fuzzy, and a half of a day with Trent & Barbara in Idaho).

Our mileage traveled is 11,543 miles...about an average of 320 miles per day. Some days were 500 miles or more. Other days, more sight seeing, were less than 200.

It's been a blast! Thank you all for riding along with us.

Since Kevin has been so busy with his project I thought I could help out by doing this for him.

Thanks man! Been out in the shop all day today. Hoping to get more of the map done tonight.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 12-14-2015, 10:14 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Here are the rest of the maps showing the route we took.

Thanks for riding with us!

Old 12-15-2015, 03:23 PM
VB2KDH
Road Master

Received 225 Likes on 80 Posts

Kevin,
What would you estimate as the total miles you have ridden on "road trips"?

Last edited by VB2KDH; 12-15-2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: additional text
Old 12-16-2015, 12:46 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by VB2KDH
Kevin,
What would you estimate as the total miles you have ridden on "road trips"?
Road trips meaning, traveling on a multi-day ride.

On the Tri-Glides, around 50k miles.

On 2 wheelers, another 150k miles.

On the Tri-Glide, the longest single trip was around 13K miles.

On 2 wheelers, Mary was never up for quite so long of a trip, our longest was around 6k miles.

My longest solo ride was just under 4k miles, and that was on a Sportster.

Old 12-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Fozworth
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you just sold me on a Tri-Glide! Seems like Harley should give you a Tee Shirt or something! lol

Seriously, you're the first Tri-Glide story or video I've seen that was so positive and not filled with horror stories of all the mods they need!

My wife and I are soon to be retired. We are looking at your posts and even though we probably aren't as "hard core" of riders as you we are truly inspired at your ability to love your life!

We want to do the same!

Thanks for posting!

Brian

Old 12-28-2015, 11:04 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fozworth
I think you just sold me on a Tri-Glide! Seems like Harley should give you a Tee Shirt or something! lol

Seriously, you're the first Tri-Glide story or video I've seen that was so positive and not filled with horror stories of all the mods they need!

My wife and I are soon to be retired. We are looking at your posts and even though we probably aren't as "hard core" of riders as you we are truly inspired at your ability to love your life!

We want to do the same!

Thanks for posting!

Brian
Hey Brian! That's great!

Tri-Glides are there own kind of fun, and are a very relaxing ride for both the rider and the passenger!

There are always things that can be done to any bike/trike to make it more comfortable/set-up for each individual riding style.

I think there are a few things that should be done to any Tri-Glide to take care of the EPA lean issues and the heat, but nothing drastic.

Whether it's a day trip or a longer trip, hope you and your wife are able to get out and start making some memories!

Old 12-29-2015, 03:13 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Hi Brian, I see you found the Tri Glide forums. Just left you a post in PGR.
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions here ! There are a lot of members here with a lot of miles on both two & three wheels ! Great people !
Have fun.
Sloufoot

Old 12-31-2015, 08:05 PM
Fozworth
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks to you both for your replies! I like hearing and seeing that there are Tri-Glide owners here that don't have buyers remorse.

Reason being, I seem to be talking myself into buying one no older than 2014 even though some are saying DON'T DO IT.

I don't see much information on the 2016, are all the bugs worked out of the 2016?

Since DK mentioned you would always add/change something on the Tri-Glide do you have a post anywhere that will spoon feed me into getting the right stuff?

My wife and I are honestly inspired by the great pictures and posting of the fun you had on this trip.

I think I see my retired life flashing before my eyes. lol

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Old 01-06-2016, 11:27 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fozworth
Thanks to you both for your replies! I like hearing and seeing that there are Tri-Glide owners here that don't have buyers remorse.

Reason being, I seem to be talking myself into buying one no older than 2014 even though some are saying DON'T DO IT.

I don't see much information on the 2016, are all the bugs worked out of the 2016?

Since DK mentioned you would always add/change something on the Tri-Glide do you have a post anywhere that will spoon feed me into getting the right stuff?

My wife and I are honestly inspired by the great pictures and posting of the fun you had on this trip.

I think I see my retired life flashing before my eyes. lol

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Just now saw your post.

Yes, we are having a blast on the 14, just like we did on the 11.

No remorse at all. The Tri-Glide is a great touring ride and has a fun all it's own.

Below is a thread on all the things we have done to the 14 Tri-Glide. Most of them were not "needed".

Mary and I spend a lot of time on the TG. You saw the recent ride report to Bella Coola...but we have made MANY other trips...there is a good ride report of us going to the Arctic Circle, another one of a Fall Colors trip, and dozens of trips we have not done "ride reports" on.

Anyway, since we spend so much time on the TG, it is our home away from home...we do a lot of mods to it that are just for our comfort or preference.

I think the only real fundamental weakness of the 14-up TG's is the heat, and that is easily taken care of.

Here's the link to what we've done to ours-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-g...fferences.html