Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Screamin Eagle air cleaner for FLRT.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 04:45 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle air cleaner for FLRT.

Just had the hd shop install the screamin eagle air cleaner .I just used the basic kit that goes under the stock cover.
Really made a big difference in how the bike/trike ran .

Torque and power off the line and the ability of the bike to rev and breathe was much better.

I had the stage 1 download and catless head pipes and mufflers put on when I purchased the trike. But ran out of cash before I could do the S.E. kit.
While the trike ran fine with the stock cleaner set up , it is a definite improvement with the S.E. kit.

If you ride and just cruise and kick back you will probably be fine with the stock set up.

I like to use all the power I can for passing and off the line acceleration. I have read reviews saying that the motor is " noisy " with this kit, but I could not tell any difference at all in post installation motor noise.

S&S and V&H make some fine air cleaner kits as well as DK customs, Ness, Zippers and others. They are probably better for high performance . But if you don't do much of your own wrenching, or just want to ride into the HD shop and ride out with an improved air cleaner set up this will do.

My health is not real good right now so I have to keep it simple.

If you can do your own wrenching do your research and decide what air cleaner option works best for you. I paid about $ 220 out the door. Kit included. It was worth the extra cash for me simply because it was a simple way of improving the bike. I thought since the freewheeler trike came with a better breathing air cleaner it would not matter much. Using the S.E. air cleaner kit made a very surprising difference .

Last edited by missedem; 07-29-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:07 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

A little extra air can always be used.
not a bad price.
We just can't leave em alone can we? LOL
I did the fulsac muffler cores today. I am impressed.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:02 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I was genuinely surprised. I really did not think it would make that much difference. Now I just have to figure out which gear will get me to 80 MPH the quickest.