Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

H-D Quick Wash

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 06:48 PM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 215 Likes on 125 Posts
Thumbs down H-D Quick Wash

I tried H-D quick wash today on the advice of a buddy who swears by it. It left a white, milky residue all over the bike....still working on getting it off. I bought it thinking it would work great in those hard to reach areas, but now it will be creating a lot more work for me. Anyone else have problems with this product?

Old 07-29-2015, 11:02 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You didn't have enough water pressure or you let it dry before rinsing.
When using protucts like that wash only part of it at a time so you can rinse it better, if it every dries any at all you will have residue like you mentioned.
I use a good polish. it comes right off but let it soak for a couple of minutes.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:07 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Never had any issues at all. I do one fender at a time then work my way up each side of the bike. Spray and wipe immediately. if your getting a film then you might have gotten something on the bike while on the road. its amazing what kind of crap you can pick up . I just used it this evening to wash off rain spots and it works great. if it keeps up id take it back where you bought it and tell them you would like a different bottle of it. I like it. Great stuff.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:40 AM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 215 Likes on 125 Posts

Thanks! I did leave it on too long...the directions are a little misleading, all is good now.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Frankzilla
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Safe on Denim finish?

Originally Posted by missedem
Never had any issues at all. I do one fender at a time then work my way up each side of the bike. Spray and wipe immediately. if your getting a film then you might have gotten something on the bike while on the road. its amazing what kind of crap you can pick up . I just used it this evening to wash off rain spots and it works great. if it keeps up id take it back where you bought it and tell them you would like a different bottle of it. I like it. Great stuff.
From your picture it looks like you have a denim finish, if so, do you know if it's safe to use Quick Wash on this finish?

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2016, 02:47 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

The bike you mention did have a denim finish. It is my old dyna. I am on a black freewheeler now. I just don't have the right software on my computer or the know how one to shrink the freewheeler picture down far enough to post it here.

I would just use the harley denim finish cleaner . I used it on the dyna and it worked great . Usually just wiped it off with a damp rag and then used the denim cleaner about three times a week. Stuff lasted a long time and always worked well for me.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:48 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

A lot of times you can reapply it according to directions and it will take the milky color off.