Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

fullsac cvo baffles,

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:36 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default fullsac cvo baffles,

I wanted to do something to the freewheeler for the exhaust. Really had a problem with costs for mufflers. Selection to limited right now.
I decided to try the CVO performance baffles.
Problem was they did make one for the flrt. Couldn't really find a perfect fitment.
I got a set of CVO fulsac baffles and some touring weld on ends, you know the round piece that fits in the muffler, lol. We had a time trying to figure out what to call it. It was something I came up with and they helped me do it.
The baffle had to be shortened them by 3 inches to get it to fit right. If you want the baffle to stick out some just reduce the cut off some. I wanted it flush with the end cap.
The packing is unusual,

so I was able to reuse it entirely.

Look at the rounded end machine bit. Almost in the middle. It makes cutting weld for baffles much easier. I tried the others but that one did the trick.

sound is great, better than I expected. I know sound is very subjective, so all I will say is it has much more bass to it and about 5 % increase in volume. Not to loud. I dislike loud.
yes, I would do it again.
But that's me

Last edited by dirtdobber; 08-11-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:05 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice job. I used to be a lot more capable of turning the wrenches and getting things done. Now a fluid change is about all I can handle . Getting old and beat up is not for the weak LOL. Really enjoy seeing what all you are doing to the ride. Gives the trike an old time chopper vibe when you do your own work like you do. And yes I know the trike is not really a chopper. None the less . Enjoying the work you are doing.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:48 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

I had 2 objectives when i decided to do the fulsac kit.
one was to get better performance and sound. Which i got.
secondly i was hoping fulsac would start to offer a replacement baffle for the flrt.
john there, thats who i worked with to come up with the kit thed did for me, knows how I did it.
for the cost it was more than worth it. So I would think he would do it for others. Only welding that has to be done is welding on the end pieces. Other than that a dremel and 2 screws with nuts and lock washers. It really is simple to do. Im a medically retired U.S. Army. I have to take my time because of my disabilities. It took memost of the day to do it because if all the breaks i needed to take.
I have good patience doing things slowly.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

After getting some miles on the baffles I am very happy with the results. My mpg went up ⚂ to ⚃ mpg. Mid range is much stronger. I think that is what increased my mpg. It runs cooler now, slight but noticeable. The pulling power seems to have increased. 4,000 rpm I could notice the power would strat to drop but now its around 4,500 rpms. But that still needs to be known. Ill do a hp/tq dyno pull later on to see if there is a difference or not. It only costs around $40 to do.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:37 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

got camera for the bike to take video's with but forgot I had it. Took it for a test ride today and I am surprised at the video's, for $59 during black Friday.
Here is a clip of the cvo fulsac baffles on our freewheeler.
This has a catless header

Old 08-10-2015, 03:56 AM
Bamabear
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking and Sounding good Jim. Can't wait to see all the changes when I get back over there.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:34 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

I was surprised how well they sound. Not too loud and very low rumble.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:28 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This is great info! Great job at sharing the info. Thanks for the effort.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:51 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

I was surprised how easy it was. I fixed it so I could use either baffle if need be. 1 screw on each side and i can change them in minutes

Old 08-12-2015, 08:26 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

After getting some miles on them. I took off like normal and hit it at 20 mph, the front end came up. I also have a testing ground for the performance I do. You know no houses or driveways, nothing but woods. I checked the speed like I do all of em. Last check was without the fulsac baffles but stage one and dyno tune. It did 62 mph. checked it again to day, pulled 72 mph. That is above normal. 60 to 80 roll on in 5th went down .4 of a second. went from 4.3 seconds to 3.9 seconds. Anything below 4 seconds is good, 3 seconds, best hang on.
My super glide does it in 2.8 seconds but it is real quick