Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Would you buy a 15 now or wait for the 16's?

Old 08-01-2015, 08:27 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

Originally Posted by hogowner69
can you tell us what the deal was??
28 out the door. they tried to sell me a demo at first and i said no i wanted the 0 mile bike in the back. we came to terms after awhile and i bought it. i was surprised they took my offer. it was a today only deal, cash and they even delivered it. i must say my wife pushed them pretty hard as she's good at making these deals. i let her make the deal on most autos we have bought over the years. she's not scared to push back really hard. and to think she almost didn't go with me.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:32 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by msocko3
Unless your looking for a deal, I'd wait to see what the 16's will have. Who knows, maybe the 16 will come with a 110 engine. I'm betting sooner or later HD is going to use the 120ST engine in the CVO line and move the 110 into the touring line.
i doubt that we will see a twin cooled 110 or 120 just yet. maybe some day!

Old 08-02-2015, 06:19 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

The dealer closest to me has actually sold all the trikes they had. I went yesterday to get a USB charging kit for the tourpak. It was the first time the saleman left me alone and worked other customers.

I am hoping we will see some new improvements in the 16's. I do like the new Cosmic blue color. Right now I am holding off on any more upgrades until I see the new models.

I wish we had a dealer with so many trikes in stock. Local dealers only seem to have 1 or 2 at any time.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:56 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r
The dealer closest to me has actually sold all the trikes they had. I went yesterday to get a USB charging kit for the tourpak. It was the first time the saleman left me alone and worked other customers.

I am hoping we will see some new improvements in the 16's. I do like the new Cosmic blue color. Right now I am holding off on any more upgrades until I see the new models.

I wish we had a dealer with so many trikes in stock. Local dealers only seem to have 1 or 2 at any time.
that's what i found most dealers had only one or two and none of them had a black one except the dealer i bought from and one was a demo.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:09 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
i doubt that we will see a twin cooled 110 or 120 just yet. maybe some day!
Sooner or later they'll have to do it. Victory and Indian are handing them their *** in the power and torque dept.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:50 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by msocko3
Sooner or later they'll have to do it. Victory and Indian are handing them their *** in the power and torque dept.
i think you will see all the bikes go water cooled in a few years and then start seeing the 110 and the 120 start becoming standard on the cvo bikes first

Last edited by hardheaded; 08-03-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:36 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm an impulse buyer. When I see what I want, I get it. You can wait for a '16, BUT something new MIGHT come out is '17 so you may want to wait. HOLD ON, there is a rumor that in '21 they could introduce airless tires, wheelie bars, and a left handed auto-gizmo so you should wait.

I bought my first Harley in 1970. Hate to think of all the fun I've had over the years IF I kept waiting for the newest, latest, greatest, thingie to come out. I bought an '03 Dyna. 88 inch 5 speed. A year later they introduced the 96 cid with a 6 speed. Still loved my Dyna, and I didn't give a damn if others had 8 more cubic inches and an extra speed. Think of the fun you may miss waiting.....

Old 08-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by screwball
I'm an impulse buyer. When I see what I want, I get it. You can wait for a '16, BUT something new MIGHT come out is '17 so you may want to wait. HOLD ON, there is a rumor that in '21 they could introduce airless tires, wheelie bars, and a left handed auto-gizmo so you should wait.

I bought my first Harley in 1970. Hate to think of all the fun I've had over the years IF I kept waiting for the newest, latest, greatest, thingie to come out. I bought an '03 Dyna. 88 inch 5 speed. A year later they introduced the 96 cid with a 6 speed. Still loved my Dyna, and I didn't give a damn if others had 8 more cubic inches and an extra speed. Think of the fun you may miss waiting.....

I am not going to miss much fun cause I am still riding. But why trade in now on the current model if on the chance there is a significant improvement on the newer models? I bought used once when I buy again I would like it to be the current model not a year old one.
Currently my dealer doesn't have any trikes in stock now so this is all moot.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:37 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

it seems everything i've ever bought the very next year they come out with a new and improve version of what ever it is. i just bought a 2015, i'll worry about the 16's when they get here. harley needs to start showing the bikes sooner. everything a big secret with them.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by hardheaded
it seems everything i've ever bought the very next year they come out with a new and improve version of what ever it is. i just bought a 2015, i'll worry about the 16's when they get here. harley needs to start showing the bikes sooner. everything a big secret with them.

Yes I think at Sturgis is the perfect venue to show the new year models like Indian and Victory does.

Is this your first trike? If it is I am sure you will be pretty happy to have it and be riding. Good Luck with it and have fun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy a 15 now or wait for the 16's?