Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:06 PM
BTFD55
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tri Glide ?

Test rode a 15 TG today for first-time. Never rode a trike before and man was it different. How long does it take to get used to one? This is a good buy and I know one day I will have to convert from my Ultra to a TG.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Some people take awhile to make the transition. Some of us take to trikes like a duck to water. It took me about two blocks to get used to one.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up ATV/four wheeler time counts

If you have any time on a ATV it gets easier faster. Get on it and go. don't drive faster than your Angels fly you will be OK! I would not go back to two wheels ever. Ride safely fearless

Old 09-02-2015, 07:26 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Wife gave up her Deluxe (4th Harley) because of a particularly bad bout with Cancer. We bought her '09 Tri-Glide on Wednesday, and she rode it to Las Vegas on Friday. She is a quick learner. Biggest thing is remembering that leaning will do NOTHING.

I finally got off my Ultra for a trike because I'm OLD.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:54 AM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BTFD55
Test rode a 15 TG today for first-time. Never rode a trike before and man was it different. How long does it take to get used to one? This is a good buy and I know one day I will have to convert from my Ultra to a TG.
About 500 miles.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:40 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah, it took me a few hundred miles to realize that what I was sitting on was NOT a motorcycle. It's similar but definitely not the same thing. There is no leaning these things, they are much wider than a motorcycle( watch out for curbings, gas islands, toll booths, your buddie's foot etc ) braking is radically different in that most of your stopping power is in the Rear brakes, but mostly, they are a hoot to drive once you get used to one.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wasn't a problem for me to change over. Maybe because I traded in my sidecar rig on the Triglide. LOL

Old 09-03-2015, 07:38 AM
BornTexan
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Toad
Wasn't a problem for me to change over. Maybe because I traded in my sidecar rig on the Triglide. LOL
Same here. Went from pushing a sidecar to a trike. No problem. One thing I remembered an old timer shared with me when I strapped on the sidecar. Making a right turn, coast up to the turn then power into it. Making a left turn power into it and let off when you make the turn.

8~\o

Old 09-03-2015, 07:53 AM
5x40
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BornTexan
Same here. Went from pushing a sidecar to a trike. No problem. One thing I remembered an old timer shared with me when I strapped on the sidecar. Making a right turn, coast up to the turn then power into it. Making a left turn power into it and let off when you make the turn.

8~\o
ya made me smile...we rode GW w/a Hannigan Astro Sport hack for 7 years.
when riding w/groups I'd lift the hack on right/tight radius turns to give em a thrill...

Old 09-03-2015, 02:17 PM
oldflyer
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hadn't ridden a motorcycle for almost 20 years; had a lot of experience earlier in life as a motorcycle cop. The test drive on the Tri-Glide was a challenge, but by the time I rode it home (in the rain no less), I pretty much had the feel of it. I've had it for just over a month and try to ride it every day, and I think I really have the hang of it. I really don't notice any difference, but I don't plan on getting back on a two wheeler again.

Quick Reply: Tri Glide ?