Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Never Say Never

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Glydin
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Never Say Never

Got my 88 year old mom on my Harley. Her first time ever on a motorcycle! My husband accompanied us to the Sonic for a burger. Fun time!

Old 11-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

You brightened my day!

Old 11-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Excellent! Thanks for sharing that. What did she say?

I took my similarly aged aunt for a ride, she loved it. As we're coming back in to the family reunion, I told her I was going to gun it and make some noise, she said OK. So I did, and when we pulled in, she was laughing her *** off! All the young bucks were like "Yeah, gandma, you GO biker girl!"

Old 11-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Glydin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Oogie Wa Wa
Excellent! Thanks for sharing that. What did she say?

I took my similarly aged aunt for a ride, she loved it. As we're coming back in to the family reunion, I told her I was going to gun it and make some noise, she said OK. So I did, and when we pulled in, she was laughing her *** off! All the young bucks were like "Yeah, gandma, you GO biker girl!"
She acted like she had been riding all her life. I started to tell her to go put some Depends on.....just in case
Sending the pics to her local paper. She will be tickled if they happen to print them.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Something similar happen to me a couple years back. My MIL out of the blue asked for a ride on our trike when we were going to get some lunch. What makes this such a jaw dropper was that BIL was severely injured on a motorcycle when he was 17 and she swore she would never ride on a motorcycle again. She HATED them.

So when she hopped on you can bet your sweet patooty I took my time and made that ride smooth and relaxing. Was the talk of the family for a long time lol.

Rax

Old 11-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Glydin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Raxus
Something similar happen to me a couple years back. My MIL out of the blue asked for a ride on our trike when we were going to get some lunch. What makes this such a jaw dropper was that BIL was severely injured on a motorcycle when he was 17 and she swore she would never ride on a motorcycle again. She HATED them.

So when she hopped on you can bet your sweet patooty I took my time and made that ride smooth and relaxing. Was the talk of the family for a long time lol.

Rax
Oh that's a great story. You made a positive from a negative.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:06 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Glydin, I'd say your mom is doing pretty darn good for 88! Hats of to her, and to you for the pics & story!

Old 11-17-2015, 08:44 PM
Glydin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by graygoat
Glydin, I'd say your mom is doing pretty darn good for 88! Hats of to her, and to you for the pics & story!
Thanks so much graygoat. She's a real gem. When she was 82, I got her on one of my horses and she rode all around the place. It was the first time I had ever seen her on a horse. She is an inspiration to me for sure. Don't know how much time we will have left, but I want to help make it as special as possible.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:34 AM
screaminroadking
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts

Fantastic.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:22 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Glydin
Thanks so much graygoat. She's a real gem. When she was 82, I got her on one of my horses and she rode all around the place. It was the first time I had ever seen her on a horse. She is an inspiration to me for sure. Don't know how much time we will have left, but I want to help make it as special as possible.
There is never enough time, good for you to be making the most of it!

Quick Reply: Never Say Never