Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Considering buying a '13 TG... Inspection time

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:50 AM
markblain57
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering buying a '13 TG... Inspection time

This is from a previous post I did about a month or so back:
"Ladies, Gents,
'13 TG, 5k miles, black, stock with $3k in accessories for $19,000 (payoff). Transferable extended warranty. According to the seller this bike was well cared for, southern area (Texas), always covered, runs perfect, not one scratch.
I am 58, 5'11", 200 lbs, decent shape. The problem I have is my wife and I like to take trips now and again and our '10 Ultra is a beast for me to handle when it's loaded. It is almost getting to the point of being too heavy.
I like the Tri-Glide and have found this one and with a little research it appears to be a good deal. Any opinions out there?"

Thanks and best regards, Mark

OK, Getting closer to doing the deal (bike was out-of-town) and will do the inspection in a few days. Of course I will review any modifications but is there anything specific I should look for that could give me problems later on? First trike and all so I gotta ask.
Really looking forward to putting some miles on this trike!

Thanks, Mark

Old 11-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default That is as good as it gets

You need to buy that machine before someone else does low miles perfect condition great price what are you waiting for. pull the trigger you will not regret it, more over your bride will love you for it. ride safely fearless

Should not be issues not even broke in yet.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Run, run like the wind...... to purchase this Trike. You will never even find a scrap deal for that price. I would not hesitate at all. Even if you had a little work to put into it, your money ahead on this deal.
Base line NADA nothing selected for options:

Attached Thumbnails Considering buying a '13 TG... Inspection time-capture.jpg  

Last edited by Fusionfool; 11-24-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:03 PM
sullyj020
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Duh........ Buy it, buy it now.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:46 PM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

For that money, you could fix anything on it and still be ahead. Plan on doing a VERY thorough service when you get it home.

Tri Glides do not typically fall into the hands of kids who roughhouse their machinery. Typically you'll find a TG rider to be someone who's older, and bikers and other folks don't get older by being stupid. If the general appearance of the machine looks like it's been well taken care of, then all you really need to do is look at the dipsticks and make sure the oil doesn't look like the black hole of Calcutta or smell like bananas.

Expect to buy a battery unless the owners have had it on a tender. 5K miles ain't much for 2 years old.

That is one hell of a smokin' hot deal unless the sellers are con artists, and then the trouble ain't with the machine, but with the people! I'd be more concerned with who holds the title and for how much.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Default damn it buy it!

Originally Posted by ZD
For that money, you could fix anything on it and still be ahead. Plan on doing a VERY thorough service when you get it home.

Tri Glides do not typically fall into the hands of kids who roughhouse their machinery. Typically you'll find a TG rider to be someone who's older, and bikers and other folks don't get older by being stupid. If the general appearance of the machine looks like it's been well taken care of, then all you really need to do is look at the dipsticks and make sure the oil doesn't look like the black hole of Calcutta or smell like bananas.

Expect to buy a battery unless the owners have had it on a tender. 5K miles ain't much for 2 years old.

That is one hell of a smokin' hot deal unless the sellers are con artists, and then the trouble ain't with the machine, but with the people! I'd be more concerned with who holds the title and for how much.
Someone needs to get the check book out and ask questions laterride safely fearless

Old 11-25-2015, 09:37 AM
wijr1949
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That's the same approximate deal I got when I bought my 2011 TG.
Guy just wanted what he owed against it.
That was 2 years ago, when the value of the bike was about 30K and I got it for 18K!!
Buy it!! Quickly!!

Old 11-25-2015, 05:49 PM
markblain57
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK fellas, rest easy... yo boy went and picked it up, I'm stoked!
Clean as a pin, 6081 miles, transferable 6 year warranty, aftermarket pipes (loud, no name that I could find), Harley helmet and leather jacket (XL. fits even!). Bone stock so I'm going to have to do a few upgrades. Give ol' Don Knotts Customs and a few others some business.
See you on the road soon, Mark

Old 11-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master

Well at least that is done before Turkey day Nice Color ya know black Harleys are faster or at least that is what I was told by a wise old sage. Ride safely fearless

Old 11-25-2015, 08:34 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Congrats on a nice ride!!

Quick Reply: Considering buying a '13 TG... Inspection time