Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Driving /spot lights on a freewheeler

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 05:10 PM
topsgt75
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks missedem!!

Old 01-02-2016, 07:29 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
Hey Kevin: does the difference in amp. draw cause any diagnostic codes to be thrown? Just wondering I have been wanting a set up like this as my night vision sucks and I really like the auxiliary lights that are being used in this setup. The OP did a dynamite job. I am impressed.
Running the DK LED bulbs in the Passing Lamps does NOT throw any codes.

Running the DK LED bulb in the headlight on a 2014 or later bike does NOT throw any codes.

Running the DK LED bulb in the headlight in a 2014 or earlier Might throw a code, but it does this less than once in every 100 bikes.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-07-2016, 02:33 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Running the DK LED bulbs in the Passing Lamps does NOT throw any codes.

Running the DK LED bulb in the headlight on a 2014 or later bike does NOT throw any codes.

Running the DK LED bulb in the headlight in a 2014 or earlier Might throw a code, but it does this less than once in every 100 bikes.

Thank you Kevin. Just what I was hoping to hear. I'm going to order up the bulbs as soon as I get my wheels back. P.T. not going as well as hoped after my crack up, so am looking at surgery next. But it will only be for torn tissue repair if I decide to go that way. Man I can't wait to get back to riding again. It has been too long.

Always a pleasure to hear from you . And thank you so much for making such awesome parts and sharing your knowledge here and on other (TT) forums. Much respect. Rick

Old 02-10-2016, 01:17 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
Thank you Kevin. Just what I was hoping to hear. I'm going to order up the bulbs as soon as I get my wheels back. P.T. not going as well as hoped after my crack up, so am looking at surgery next. But it will only be for torn tissue repair if I decide to go that way. Man I can't wait to get back to riding again. It has been too long.

Always a pleasure to hear from you . And thank you so much for making such awesome parts and sharing your knowledge here and on other (TT) forums. Much respect. Rick
Hey Rick,

Wish the P.T. were going better for you. I know what it's like to be needing to get back in the wind!

Will the surgery for the torn tissue repair reduce the pain & compensation? Hopefully the recovery time from it would not be too long.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:24 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

TO: kevin:
just had a brutal injection in the leg/ thigh for the hip. may have to settle on that for the time being and just be somewhat crippled up. Because of all the preexisting stuff (C.P. etc.) I may have to go down to Salt Lake City if I have to get cut on so its looking like a last resort type of thing. Plus they are in a tizzy about my cigar smoking , something about not healing up right. I kept telling them its really in moderation but apparently its the devils hobby after a surgery.
They are going to do shots every 6 months indefinitely . At least I can still ride . I got the trike home a couple of days ago. Riding was not nearly as hurtful as I was concerned about though I have no idea if I could do it on a long ride. Thanks for asking and to the original poster of the question thanks for letting me catch up with Kevin at the end of your post.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:08 PM
Freewheeler1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old thread new question

Hi,
I know this thread has been cold for a long time, but I could not find my answer through the search. I have a couple questions on the wire up. Where do you splice into the harness. Do the driving lamps still work on the low beam switch. (sorry the question mark does not work )
Thanks,
Boh

Old 04-12-2021, 11:55 AM
snodad
Advanced
Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Aux lights power

Originally Posted by 0pini0nated
In H-D parlance, they're named Auxiliary Lamps. Here's mine. It's made from H-D parts, but not marketed for the FLRT (yet). The Freewheeler even has wiring built-in to the main harness.

BTW, Welcome To HDForum!
Where did you plug into?
Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-16-2021, 06:45 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

@snodad There is a plug tucked up under the front of the left side of your fuel tank. White plug with a red/yellow, a black & a blue/gray wiring. This is where the dash switch plugs into which activates the power to the BCM and returns to the turn signal plug assemebly for the Left turn signal on terminals 5 & 6 located behind the left side of your nacelle cover.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:42 AM
snodad
Advanced
Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks, already got it. I used a plug from an old laptop power supply. Plugged right in.
Thanks though!