Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Setting Alarm/TSSM sensitivity on TriGlide

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 11:36 AM
David Randall
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting Alarm/TSSM sensitivity on TriGlide

I am not big on audible alarms. most people don't pay much attention even when they do go off. But I put the audible module on my 2015 TriGlide to make a racket when/if someone trys to crawl on it when parked.

Problem is, I can roll and bounce the bike around a LOT before it does anything. I can/have set off the alarm just to test it, but it took a pretty good shaking to do so.

I found instructions on how to set the sensitivity on TSSMs with a pushbutton fob, but cannot find any instructions that tell me how to set sensitivity with the button-less fob.

Is the process the same (and just omit the step of pushing the button)? Does anyone have button-less fob instructions? Can the sensitivity even be adjusted on these systems? Where do babies come from?

Help?

Old 01-31-2016, 02:09 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 502 Likes on 246 Posts

Frankly I don't think it is adjustable on a passive fob. Never ever saw that in any of my service manuals.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:18 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by David Randall
I am not big on audible alarms. most people don't pay much attention even when they do go off. But I put the audible module on my 2015 TriGlide to make a racket when/if someone trys to crawl on it when parked.

Problem is, I can roll and bounce the bike around a LOT before it does anything. I can/have set off the alarm just to test it, but it took a pretty good shaking to do so.

I found instructions on how to set the sensitivity on TSSMs with a pushbutton fob, but cannot find any instructions that tell me how to set sensitivity with the button-less fob.

Is the process the same (and just omit the step of pushing the button)? Does anyone have button-less fob instructions? Can the sensitivity even be adjusted on these systems? Where do babies come from?

Help?
Unfortunately there is no sensitivity adjustment on the tike, like there is on 2 wheelers. The trike has part of the bank angle sensor disabled due to the g forces it experiences going through corners. If the bank angle was allowed to work like the 2 wheel's, the engine would be shutting down when going semi hard through corners. The Triglide TSSM is programmed like a side car rig, the same forces apply to those when going through corners.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:34 PM
David Randall
Novice

Thanks for the responses. It does make sense, disappointing but logical. I guess you can't have it all.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

Then again, if you don't want an audible alarm at all, you can simply remove the siren. Takes about 3 minutes.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:57 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

mines the same way, you have to shake it pretty hard to get it to go off. i think someone could pick my bike up and never set it off or roll it away without setting it off. kind of usless, even with a siren which should come with a $30,000 bike.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:04 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
mines the same way, you have to shake it pretty hard to get it to go off. i think someone could pick my bike up and never set it off or roll it away without setting it off. kind of usless, even with a siren which should come with a $30,000 bike.
I've pushed my dad's 09 with siren out of the garage and back in without the fob present and never once did I set the siren off.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:43 PM
David Randall
Novice

Yeah, I'd like to see it a little more sensitive. I installed the audible just so it would sound off if I was parked overnight in a motel and someone climbed on top of it or tried to push it away before I could activate my "manual .45 caliber alarm."

Old 02-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

I don't worry quite as much with the TriGlide gettin taken as with the other models. Gonna take a lot more logistics to haul that lard a$$ thing away. Secondly, I use a simple disc rotor lock, that prevents it from being rolled away. The alarm disables the ignition from being started as well. As a precaution, if you use a rotor lock. I run a bright colored string from the lock to the throttle grip so I don't forget to take it off before it's removed. I've seen some folks make a REAL quick stop trying to ride away with that lock on.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:21 PM
David Randall
Novice

Yeah, I've used rotor locks and chains on most of my previous bikes, and am not as worried about theft as it may sound. But, I am most concerned about someone just releasing the brake and pushing it or letting it roll.

I was just kind of hoping some ingenious soul out there had an idea for a little more elegant solution.