Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Chrome Wheels for Trikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 11:09 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts
Default Chrome Wheels for Trikes

Been thinkin of changing the stock wheels out for chrome on the '16 TriGlide. I prefer to keep the same rim size. Harley has two, the enforcer requires a 19" front, not interested, the other would require two 16 inch rears and an 18" front, not ready to buy three tires. There are chrome exchange ones out there and that may be the only option. Anyone else buy chrome rims other than Harley??

Old 02-11-2016, 11:15 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

Cheapest way to go is to do an exchange. I've heard good things about willeyshiney. I had mine powdercoated; $300

Old 02-11-2016, 11:21 AM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you like the rims on it they are several exchange places. Wiily Shiny for one they seam to do a lot. Check out e-bay, I exchanged mine at www.bikes2nv.com place close to me in Columbus, Ohio a little more pricy. Called made an appointment took them down and they took tire off remounted and balanced while I went out for breakfast. check out there web site.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

I'll check them out. There are a few exchange places in CA. I used one for forks a couple times. The Columbus thing is nice. I'm familiar with that area, used to live in Cincinnati.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:35 AM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

We offer tons of aftermarket wheels for Harley, we can do any of these designs that are straight spoke and non directional.

Check out these two links and let me know if you are interested in any of those.

RYD wheels - http://wanaryd.com/wanaryd-wheels/

RC components - http://wanaryd.com/rc-components-wheels/

WanaRyd Motorcycle
1-888-926-2793

Old 02-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

Great, I will do that, thanks

Old 02-12-2016, 08:54 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by WanaRyd Wheels
We offer tons of aftermarket wheels for Harley, we can do any of these designs that are straight spoke and non directional.

Check out these two links and let me know if you are interested in any of those.

RYD wheels - http://wanaryd.com/wanaryd-wheels/

RC components - http://wanaryd.com/rc-components-wheels/

But what rear wheels do you have that fit a Harley Trike under $1000 each?

Old 02-13-2016, 06:10 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

I have to admit that Harley custom wheels are much more reasonably priced than most aftermarket. I bought a set of PM wheels for two different bikes and they were both $3000 "discount package" price. Granted you got tires and rotors with that but I just ordered some from a exchange chrome guy. New to trikes, since the wheels mount like car wheels, are the bearings in the axel like cars rather than in each wheel like all other Harleys? Haven't taken this one apart yet.?????

Old 02-13-2016, 06:39 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

Gunny
Bearings are in the axle like a car. Wheel only has the middle insert that can be removed with a single nut

Old 02-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member

Great thanks bronxbill that will save me some $$$ in a couple weeks when I get these mounted. Wheels should be here next Thursday along with the chrome lowers etc etc. I like riding all year but here in PA I've had the salty crap they put on the road pit aluminum wheels in the winter. Never had an issue with chrome ones doing that. I keepem clean but the aluminum ones still are prone to pit. After the core charge is returned, it will have cost me $645 for three wheels and $150 for both OEM rotors chrome. This guy is on EBay and has over 2000 transactions with 100% feedback so I'm feelin pretty safe here. He did say they find the wheels chrome nicer if they remove those two little nubs on the rim between each spoke, that was fine with me. After all that's less weight and my horsepower to weight ratio will be better

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 02-13-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Chrome Wheels for Trikes