Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Just ordered wards cooling fans

Old 03-08-2016, 03:14 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Short cycling is not an indication of a problem, that's just how the creep switch works. The snap switch doesn't cycle, it just stays on longer but when it shuts off it stays off. email me with your shipping info, I'll send you a snap switch.

The following users liked this post:
Que Tip (04-10-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Done

... and thank you.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:48 PM
chadk
Road Master
Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

ya, it's on my list of "wants". Summer is about here so I guess I better get on the stick. Yall are making me think I may even be able to install myself. The wrenching doesnt bother me, but the wiring........

Old 03-08-2016, 06:27 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chadk
ya, it's on my list of "wants". Summer is about here so I guess I better get on the stick. Yall are making me think I may even be able to install myself. The wrenching doesnt bother me, but the wiring........

You should be OK. The directions are straight forward. Jason is totally standup guy as evidenced above.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:24 PM
paw paw willie
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBobs
You should be OK. The directions are straight forward. Jason is totally standup guy as evidenced above.

I got my Wards Fans today. I had a pair on my 11 TG. When I traded for a 13 TG I kept them. When I traded for a 15 Free Wheeler I kept them. They were 4 years old and had 90,000 miles on them between the 3 trikes. 2 weeks ago I was run off the road by a drunk and the trike landed in a canal and sank. It was under water for almost 2 hours. The next day at the salvage yard I turned the fans on. They still worked. When Jason says "waterproof he means it!

The following users liked this post:
Muffbrorick (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 01:07 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by big mo
I got my Wards Fans today. I had a pair on my 11 TG. When I traded for a 13 TG I kept them. When I traded for a 15 Free Wheeler I kept them. They were 4 years old and had 90,000 miles on them between the 3 trikes. 2 weeks ago I was run off the road by a drunk and the trike landed in a canal and sank. It was under water for almost 2 hours. The next day at the salvage yard I turned the fans on. They still worked. When Jason says "waterproof he means it!
Wow, that's a testament to the fans.

Glad you're ok after that "adventure".

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Muffbrorick
Tourer
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by big mo
wow sounds like an adventure. Glad you are okay. also glad you are in Florida if you had to go for a swim.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:08 AM
Scooterbear
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Snap switch temperature range?

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
Short cycling is not an indication of a problem, that's just how the creep switch works. The snap switch doesn't cycle, it just stays on longer but when it shuts off it stays off. email me with your shipping info, I'll send you a snap switch.
I just installed mine but had a question about the temperature setting on the switch. Withe the bike running, they came on around 220 degrees head temp, and when I shut it down they continued to run until around 140.

Does that sound right for the temperature range of the snap switch?

Old 03-13-2016, 02:20 PM
Slaw32
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the instructions it says it will turn on at 205 and off at 150 .

Old 03-13-2016, 03:42 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

With the snap switch there is a fairly wide temperature differential between on and off, but it is function correctly. There are too many variables involved to quote the exact switching temperature for a given application, but really the temperature value is not as important as the fact that it is turning on and off "automatically". Any issues or concerns please contact me via email, I don't monitor the forum much anymore so it is possible I could miss something posted here.
Jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just ordered wards cooling fans