Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Just ordered wards cooling fans

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 04:11 PM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffbrorick
wow sounds like an adventure. Glad you are okay. also glad you are in Florida if you had to go for a swim.
I am also glad you are OK... living in FL myself, I know just how steep the inclines are into some canals. And that is not even thinking about the fact that here in FL, many of these canals are inhabited by gators!

I think that I would have found another way to test if they were waterproof, though... just sayin'

Last edited by MB1953; 03-13-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:22 PM
johnfoster111
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fan

i ordered a set yesterday also, plenty of work to do

Old 03-15-2016, 04:43 PM
Slaw32
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was pleasantly surprised with the ease of install and wiring . hardest thing was waiting 24hrs for the rtv to dry . hope they work as well as they look .

Old 03-16-2016, 08:33 PM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Slaw32
Was pleasantly surprised with the ease of install and wiring . hardest thing was waiting 24hrs for the rtv to dry . hope they work as well as they look .
I think you will be pleased... Have never had an issue with mine, and on a hot day in FL in creeping traffic, they have made a noticeable difference.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:55 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

I found these fans helped so much, I cool down as I go into towns, and slower speeds. It was opposite before, I would clime quickly to 250° + on oil temp. Now with the fans normally will stay around 240° max.
Now that I have a Power Vision, it allows me to monitor engine temp, and that is where I see real time of the fan performance. If I am on the highway aggressive ride, my ET can clime to 150 easily, then as I reach a town and slow down the fans will quickly lower the ET to 230 range.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:57 PM
cmc seabee
Cruiser

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

I took them off my 2010 Street Glide when I traded it in, and installed them on the 2015 TriGlide.

They do make a world of difference in removing a lot of heat, but my EITMS still activates when stopped at a red light.

I heard that the newer Rushmores activate the EITMS at ambient temperature instead of head temp., so that's most likely why.

I still smile when people ask me "what the heck is running" when I shut the bike off.

I always tell them it's my turbo charger fan cooling off the turbo.

Usually get really weird puzzled looks from them.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by cmc seabee
I took them off my 2010 Street Glide when I traded it in, and installed them on the 2015 TriGlide.

They do make a world of difference in removing a lot of heat, but my EITMS still activates when stopped at a red light.

I heard that the newer Rushmores activate the EITMS at ambient temperature instead of head temp., so that's most likely why.

I still smile when people ask me "what the heck is running" when I shut the bike off.

Had a genuine redneck lady ask "is that Harley electric? ".... I said why yes it is, just before starting, then goosing it, as I was leaving the gas pump. I will have to use the Turbo phrase next time.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:19 AM
woodmnctry
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Got a set and they are setting on the "To Do Bench" for the wife's bike. Have not had chance to read the instructions yet but based on a prior post --- do I need to source a longer mounting bolt before I dig in to get r' done?
Glaciers are receding and the bears are coming out -- time to ride!

Old 04-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by woodmnctry
Got a set and they are setting on the "To Do Bench" for the wife's bike. Have not had chance to read the instructions yet but based on a prior post --- do I need to source a longer mounting bolt before I dig in to get r' done?
Glaciers are receding and the bears are coming out -- time to ride!
If you have a standard horn then you need nothing that doesn't come with the Kit. Jason has taken care of everything including good instructions.

I have a very large horn and only needed to add a longer stud.

It's easy and straight forward to install.

The following users liked this post:
woodmnctry (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 01:05 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cmc seabee

Yep, the late models activate EITMS on ambient temp, you can manually disable it, its definitely not necessary with the fans running.

Quick Reply: Just ordered wards cooling fans