Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Anybody hauling their trike in a toy hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I have the Forest River

Grey Wolf 19RR, the smallest one they make. I can put my TriGlide in with no problems. I simply put a removeable chock on the floor and it's solid, no worries.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Thanks Gunnysgt, looks like a nice fit. It looks like the door is by the right fender; any problems getting around the trike to get inside with it in there?

Old 04-12-2016, 09:05 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

IT's a litle bit of a squeeze at the door but it's not really been a problem. My truck hauls this thing like it's not there.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:51 PM
dkoch53
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw this post. I'm looking at a Greywolf but the door ramp says 1200 pounds max. A trike is 1191 without a rider. Has this been a problem for you? Is your ramp holding up? Thanks.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:03 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Just curious as to the tongue weight of the newer toy haulers.

I looked at them several years ago and the issue wasn't towing capacity for my truck (Silverado DuraMax 4 x4) it was the tongue weight.
My truck doesn't have dual wheels so that put me a tad below the recommended tongue weight (for the trailer I liked) in my owner's manual.

I never got really serious about it but I figured that I could possibly go with higher rated tire and they would probably handle the extra weight.

My biggest issue is not with my truck, it's with my wife!
She refuses to ride in a motorhome and will NOT sleep anywhere except at home or in a nice motel.
I can't justify the expense of buying a trailer and the extra fuel to tow it and then pay again for a motel room.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:17 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
Just curious as to the tongue weight of the newer toy haulers.

I looked at them several years ago and the issue wasn't towing capacity for my truck (Silverado DuraMax 4 x4) it was the tongue weight.
My truck doesn't have dual wheels so that put me a tad below the recommended tongue weight (for the trailer I liked) in my owner's manual.

I never got really serious about it but I figured that I could possibly go with higher rated tire and they would probably handle the extra weight.

My biggest issue is not with my truck, it's with my wife!
She refuses to ride in a motorhome and will NOT sleep anywhere except at home or in a nice motel.
I can't justify the expense of buying a trailer and the extra fuel to tow it and then pay again for a motel room.
Some of the bigger 5er's have some pretty stout pin weights which are in Dually territory. Just switching tires doesn't help you when your axle weights are out. If you have a bad accident and the investigation shows it was due to an overload, it won't be good. I was looking pretty hard at some 43' 5er's with 12' garages, pin weights were in the 3,000 range which is dually territory. I bought a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW with the max tow package. Unfortunately things have changed a bit and I decided to toss the idea because I can tow an enclosed trailer with a gasser and stay in a whole lot of hotels for what a nice 43' toy hauler cost.

This was my Ram, just traded it today for a new Toyota Tundra Platinum. I will say I miss the Cummins, 900ft/lbs of torque spoils you pretty quick.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:59 PM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought about this Work and Play 30WCR but will probably go with a 34WRS with a 14 foot garage.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:49 PM
brasshatdiver
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Work and Play 34wrs

Hi Harley Dawg,

Just wondering if you went with the 34wrs? Looking at the same work and play and was wondering how your truck pulled it. Have a 2016 F350 SRW and was a little concerned with the tounge weight. Looking at the SwayPro Weight Distribution Hitch - 20,000 GTW / 2,000 TW in order to pull the trailer. Would like to hear your opinion and or thoughts with our truck/trailer package.

Ride Safe,

John

Old 02-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Clyde Anderson
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I have the Forest River

Grey Wolf 19RR, the smallest one they make. I can put my TriGlide in with no problems. I simply put a removeable chock on the floor and it's solid, no worries.

I would to know what you tow this with, and how well it handles.

The following users liked this post:
wheresthegame2day (03-02-2021)
Old 02-08-2019, 12:51 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just purchased a Ford F-350 dually with the diesel engine and 4x4 to pull a Keystone 419 44 foot trailer with a 13 foot garage, heated and air conditioned, two , and a great living room with FirePlace. I am just about ready to head south for the rest of the winter. My goal is to follow the sun and have no destination, ride an area and move to the next spot.

Quick Reply: Anybody hauling their trike in a toy hauler?