Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Doc's Performance Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyDawg
I messaged GMR on Facebook messenger on April 9th inquiring about a tune a cam install and I never heard anything back from them. I guess they have more business than they can handle for now.

HD...Which race tuner did put in your 2015 TG? I can't find any application information on a SE tuner for a 2015 TG.

Thanks!

Old 05-02-2016, 12:54 PM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gitarded
HD...Which race tuner did put in your 2015 TG? I can't find any application information on a SE tuner for a 2015 TG.

Thanks!
B. ScrEamIn’ EaglE® Pro
SuPEr TunEr
Get the biggest advantage at the race track with the Screamin’ eagle® Pro eFI Super Tuner. The hardware and software in the Super Tuner makes eFI tuning easier with dozens of innovative tuning enhancements. Super Tuner is available in 8 languages (english, Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, and Dutch), and is compatible with Windows® XP, Vista® and Windows 7. The Super Tuner includes an ergonomically improved Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI) box. The new VCI allows uSB connectiv- ity to your PC and contains on board memory for a full 15 minutes of data recording, tracking up to 26 data variables. Data recording is conveniently activated with a push of a button, allowing the VCI to be taken to the track to gather data during true race conditions. Cable Kit (P/n 32184-08A or 41000018) is sold separately and provides all necessary connections between Motorcycle, VCI, and PC / Laptop. The Super Tuner Software is easy to use with a large icon layout, is compatible with touch screen laptops, has the ability to work in 4 windows (tables) at one time, and has enhanced help tools that will keep you on track. Data and tuning func- tions are combined into a single application, ensuring you are only 2 clicks away from any major tuning function. With the click of a button, the software automatically connects to the internet, updates to the most current version, and retrieves the newest calibrations developed by professional Screamin’ eagle calibrators. Software contains built-in model recog- nition that filters calibrations, listing those that are appli- cable to your model. State-of-the-art graphing capabilities illustrate tables clearly, highlighting areas for improvement, and are fully scalable and customizable. Additional features include editable calibration text, custom note fields, drag and drop, cut and paste, and printing capability. To get you on the track quickly, Screamin’ eagle offers a comprehen- sive computer-based training DVD P/n 32101-10. For race application only.

This was copied from the screaming eagle catalog. It's not street legal for EPA purposes.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:34 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Makes you wonder why it won't work with windows 8 or windows 10.....
Maybe they don't know what it will work on like a lot of their parts.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:16 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
Makes you wonder why it won't work with windows 8 or windows 10.....
Maybe they don't know what it will work on like a lot of their parts.
The confusion runs deep, even down to the dealer level at times.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:54 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBobs
When my friend and I did our SaddleSore/BunBurner run a couple years ago, I could not go the legal speed limit (80 mph) on the I-15 in Utah into a headwind. Big barn door going down the road! Had to downshift a couple times into 4th to avoid getting run over. That was with a stock cam. Now my friend has an Ultra and wants to do the same run again. This time I have a TTS-100. I hope for better performance this time in the real mountains. Maybe hold my own in 5th?
Running to Paso Robles and back for a case of wine, I had to go up and down 4 tiny mountain ranges. Big Blue handled them with ease. Speed limit is 55 mph, but I ran the whole time 60-65 in 5th. Oh ya, mama won't ride along, so I threw in 3 bags of thinset. 32.7 mpg. Needless to say I love my TTS-100s. Like Wiz, I'm dialing in my timing in the open loop areas. V-Tune has done a good job dealing with timing in the closed loop area of the tune.

Found my problem, the TTS100 CAM are pulling monsters, just had a very bad tune. Way too lean is what I kept finding. Finally had it Dyno'ed. Just took it for a ride on the interstate, 20 mph head wind, 30% grade and in 6th gear no problems at 80 MPG and even boosted up to 90 mph without a down shift. Felt as though it had plenty more to give as well. I am embarrassed to even show this, but with my PowerVision Autotune it kept leaning it out. The result was significant loss of HP and Torque. By getting it a little richer, see the results.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:55 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain

Here is the final tune, I am happy.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:26 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Found my problem, the TTS100 CAM are pulling monsters, just had a very bad tune. Way too lean is what I kept finding. Finally had it Dyno'ed. Just took it for a ride on the interstate, 20 mph head wind, 30% grade and in 6th gear no problems at 80 MPG and even boosted up to 90 mph without a down shift. Felt as though it had plenty more to give as well. I am embarrassed to even show this, but with my PowerVision Autotune it kept leaning it out. The result was significant loss of HP and Torque. By getting it a little richer, see the results.
I'm glad you got it sorted out! Looks like it's ready to rock and roll. Since my original TTS-100 report, I've switched out headpipes and tweaked the tune. Big Blue runs pretty good now. But if I go fast, and it goes fast, it's a gas hog. Other than that, very happy days running TTS-100. More in October after another Bun Burner 1500 through Utah...

Old 08-31-2016, 03:19 PM
Fusionfool
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheBobs
I'm glad you got it sorted out! Looks like it's ready to rock and roll. Since my original TTS-100 report, I've switched out headpipes and tweaked the tune. Big Blue runs pretty good now. But if I go fast, and it goes fast, it's a gas hog. Other than that, very happy days running TTS-100. More in October after another Bun Burner 1500 through Utah...
The embarrassing thing is that I thought mine was only running bad for that 6th gear interstate condition. It was actually not even close anywhere through out the power ban, or even low end. Guess as get older I can not go by ear, smell, or feel anymore. Dyno tune for me from hear on out.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:04 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Here is the final tune, I am happy.
Looks like it should work.
We see Andrews 48's or CR .570's run VERY, VERY, well here, when tuning 103".
Direct Link/Techno-Research is our prefered tuning.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record