Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

trailers for Tri Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 10:04 PM
gandrea
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trailers for Tri Glide

What brand of trailer are you all pulling with your Tri Glide and is it hard to drive pulling a trailer?

Thanks,

Greg

Old 05-21-2016, 10:07 PM
trikerib
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a Piggybacker... don't know if you can even get one now. Can't even tell it's behind the TG.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:36 PM
WestRoadHarley
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I pulled a American Legend for about 40,000 miles and now I'm pulling a Motor Trike Little Deuce. Both pulled straight and true. The 103 HD has enough low end torque to make it easy; just a little more time in the clutch " friction zone" coming off the line. Whatever improvement HD made to the breaking system on the Rushmore models has made stopping the rig much better.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:40 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm pulling a Mission MT3x4. It cost $1795 new. I made several changes to it after I bought it in order to make it more to my liking and now I think it is perfectly suited to our needs. First thing I did was to cut about 10 inches off the tongue just to make it look more to my liking. I also added an aluminum diamond plate platform to the tongue so we could carry a cooler. I also didn't like carrying the spare tire inside the trailer, so , I added an external tire mount on the outside over the fender. I didn't think the black trailer was visible enough at night, so I put reflectors all around it. Finally I cut a piece of sheet metal and had it powder coated. I riveted it to the front panel of the aluminum trailer as a type of rock shield and also it makes a handy place to stick those state refrigerator magnets. We have one for every state we've had the trailer in stuck on the front of the trailer. The trailer pulls like a dream, and backing it up is a snap. I've got around 20,000 miles pulling it at all speeds and weather conditions with never a serious problem. The TriGlide handles it with little or no difficulty, and we have hauled some serious loads.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:02 AM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

We have a Bushtec Turbo 2 we tow behind our trike. We had it behind our Ultra before the trike. Honestly as others have said you really don't know it is there. Have to remember pulling into gas pumps and take corners a little wider. We have about 70,000 miles on ours.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

We just purchased a used Bushtec Roadstar GT and haven't pulled it yet but are looking forward to the experience.
Here's a great deal in the classifieds. If I didn't already have one,I'd ****** it up.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ar-1500-a.html

Old 05-23-2016, 09:20 AM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I pull one similar to a N-Line pulls great. Does not seem to affect gas mileage they are single wheel trailers. n-line trailers.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:32 PM
harleygeezer
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default trailers for Tri Glide

I am towing a Lumina trailer from the theusatrailerstore.com and really like it for the price.

http://theusatrailerstore.com/lumina-motorcycle-trailer

Last edited by harleygeezer; 05-23-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by harleygeezer
I am towing a Lumina trailer from the theusatrailerstore.com and really like it for the price.

http://theusatrailerstore.com/lumina-motorcycle-trailer

We pull a lumina also. Very nice trailer for the money!

Rax

Old 06-15-2016, 04:53 PM
sarge205
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

suggestions on a trailer wiring harness?

Quick Reply: trailers for Tri Glide