Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Which windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:54 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up Flat top

As I have said nothing I have found comes close to the flat top LRS. The design is for maximum wind deflection great for passenger as well we love ours. We have a 9" if you have questions call LRS or Email them they will help you through the process. ride safely fearless

The following users liked this post:
ISP-FLHTK (07-25-2016)
Old 07-25-2016, 09:51 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks Fearless, I ordered the 10" LRS Flat Top in light tint. Their site said that due to a high number of orders it may not be processed for 7 to 10 business days. We will be riding up north in a couple weeks so I just had it shipped to a relatives up there, so I am hoping that it arrives in the next 3 to 5 weeks.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by ISP-FLHTK
Thanks Fearless, I ordered the 10" LRS Flat Top in light tint. Their site said that due to a high number of orders it may not be processed for 7 to 10 business days. We will be riding up north in a couple weeks so I just had it shipped to a relatives up there, so I am hoping that it arrives in the next 3 to 5 weeks.

I'm sure you will not regret the choice, I'm 5'8" medium build. and I just see over my 9" flat top. ride safely fearless

Old 07-29-2016, 09:26 PM
wijr1949
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the LRS 12" Elitein light tint with the Recurve top.
The curved top edge really deflects the rain and bugs way up over my head.
I ride alone so I don't know how a passenger would be affected.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:33 AM
Hard Ride
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Clearview...the best of the best...Will not bash another shield for those who like them but some are very thin and scratch very easy...so make sure your bugs have been soaked well...

Old 07-30-2016, 06:36 AM
MrCvette
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

With the reviews I've read here, I just ordered a Long Ride Shields Ultra 8". Should be here next week!

Fearless (old nickname) (07-30-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 07:35 PM
flashprez
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I heard good things about the LRS so I bought a 12" LRS ultra elite Flat top to keep the wind off me and my wife. I was a little disappointed because it seems to be narrower and even though the wind doesn't hit me in my forehead it really seems to zoom in around my headset making it hard to hear my music. This happens especially at 65 MPH and over. This Tri Glide is new to me, but I've been riding bikes for 50 years and still own an Electra Glide Ultra and a Fat Boy. I just sold my Softail Custom after I bought my trike. I may put the stock shield back on for better comparison. Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:10 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by flashprez
I heard good things about the LRS so I bought a 12" LRS ultra elite Flat top to keep the wind off me and my wife. I was a little disappointed because it seems to be narrower and even though the wind doesn't hit me in my forehead it really seems to zoom in around my headset making it hard to hear my music. This happens especially at 65 MPH and over. This Tri Glide is new to me, but I've been riding bikes for 50 years and still own an Electra Glide Ultra and a Fat Boy. I just sold my Softail Custom after I bought my trike. I may put the stock shield back on for better comparison. Has anyone else had this problem?

I won't get north where mine was shipped for another week. I know my stock shield causes my hat and sunglasses to vibrate around at 60-70mph. I am 6'1" and still want to look over my shield but get rid of most of the buffeting. Let us know what you think after switching back and forth.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:44 PM
strohkr
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Clearview Recurve

Originally Posted by Hard Ride
Clearview...the best of the best...Will not bash another shield for those who like them but some are very thin and scratch very easy...so make sure your bugs have been soaked well...
Tried many many different shields - finally ordered a Clearview Recurve. All I can say is "YES"!
It works - it actually does exactly what they told me it would do - reduce buffeting.
Broke it in on a 2500 mile ride to the Beartooth Mountains and through the Black Hills - best shield I've ever installed - hands down!

Old 08-03-2016, 05:08 PM
MrCvette
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Just installed my Long Ride Shields 8" medium tint Ultra 14 along with an Arlen Ness trim piece and the fairing pouch from HD. I must say, after a short ride, the LRS windshield works great and looks even better! I ordered the wind shield the same day that they recieved their new stock, so they had to fulfill the backorders first, but I'm happy to say that only took a week and a half to get my windshield!

Last edited by MrCvette; 08-03-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Fearless (old nickname) (08-03-2016)

Quick Reply: Which windshield?