Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Fairing Lower Pouch

Old 08-19-2016, 08:31 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by bagger51
Just got a new 2016 TG. I am really loving it. Great ride. I had a Road Glide and an 06 Dyna before. On the Road Glide I used a tank bag and the Glove Box for small stuff like the garage door opener. On the Dyna I had a windshield bag. With the driver's com port on the TG a tank bag doesn't work as well and the current windshield bag/pouches for the TG got mixed results from what I could see. The windshield bag I took off the Dyna doesn't fit the TG. Sooooo, I re-purposed it based on another idea I seen on these forums (sorry, I don't remember who it was). I took one of the pouches off of the windshield bag, punched a couple of holes in it, drilled two holes in lower, put some very, very small bolts, washers and nuts through and mounted it up. The end of the bolts are nowhere close to the cooling jug. I think it's going to work perfect. Garage opener in it when I am around home and toll tickets/cash when I travel. My wife is shocked that I didn't have to buy anything to do it as opposed to all of the mods I'm doing. Here is a picture of it:

Great idea!!!

Originally Posted by rhino 2
When the engine is cold i always start in Neutral clutch in. Trike or Bike.
Hot/Warm engine i start in first clutch in...Just something I've always done.
This is what I do...most of the time. Never had a problem.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 08-20-2016, 07:24 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Trying for an aneurysm are we ? The trike can be started in gear fyi. The how to is explained very clearly in the owner's manual. 1)Pull the clutch lever in. 2)Step on either the brake pedal or, pull back on the hand brake lever. 3) Press starter rocker. Simple !
Yes, I read that earlier today.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:16 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 502 Likes on 246 Posts

Back in 2014 when I bought my first Rushmore, I mounted a KMart camera bag on the lover fairing cover for that reason. I now have one on the triglide.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:59 AM
bagger51
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I think Kuri stole my idea. I did this two years ago.

Originally Posted by bagger51
Just got a new 2016 TG. I am really loving it. Great ride. I had a Road Glide and an 06 Dyna before. On the Road Glide I used a tank bag and the Glove Box for small stuff like the garage door opener. On the Dyna I had a windshield bag. With the driver's com port on the TG a tank bag doesn't work as well and the current windshield bag/pouches for the TG got mixed results from what I could see. The windshield bag I took off the Dyna doesn't fit the TG. Sooooo, I re-purposed it based on another idea I seen on these forums (sorry, I don't remember who it was). I took one of the pouches off of the windshield bag, punched a couple of holes in it, drilled two holes in lower, put some very, very small bolts, washers and nuts through and mounted it up. The end of the bolts are nowhere close to the cooling jug. I think it's going to work perfect. Garage opener in it when I am around home and toll tickets/cash when I travel. My wife is shocked that I didn't have to buy anything to do it as opposed to all of the mods I'm doing. Here is a picture of it:

Old 08-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Starts just fine with my right foot on the brake.

Just like all of the modern vehicles, you need to apply brakes before shifting out of park. in this case, before starting the engine.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:24 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by SportyPig
F**k the MoCo. I'm still bitchin that they stopped including the cigarette lighter on the Ultras. And don't even get me started about requiring the bike to be in neutral to start....WTF!!~!

Bike does not have to be in neutral to start. Pull in clutch, step on brake either hand or foot and off you go.