Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

DK Custom Pro-Action shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 04:14 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben A
Ok the shocks came in Monday and I installed them late yesterday when I got home from work. Did not get a chance to test ride yet. I will say that they are very good looking shocks and the instillation process was very simple. I hope weather permitting to test ride today after work. I will let you know soon. Stay tuned LOL.
Good to hear you got them installed. Looking forward to how you like the ride!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-27-2016, 04:23 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

With the shock for the luggage ? What if you might pull a trailer in the future?

Old 10-27-2016, 06:18 AM
Ben A
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok rode the trike for the first time after installing the new shocks. I rode solo and I know they are set up for 2 up but even solo making no changes the ride is much improved. Its funny I can put my hand between the fender and the top of the tire. Ground clearance is not any problem. As for pulling a trailer with a Harley, been there and done that. Properly set up and loaded the trailer should not exceed 20 pounds tongue weight and 20 pounds will not change the ride enough to matter. I will get the wife to pile on this afternoon hopefully, to see how 2 up feels. So far thumbs up to DK Custom and their fast service and excellent product. I also ordered the external head breather kit which should be here today. I wish I would have bundled some of this stuff, shipping is killing me but that's my fault for not ordering stuff all at once. Ok ill be back with the 2 up results soon.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:31 AM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben A
Ok rode the trike for the first time after installing the new shocks. I rode solo and I know they are set up for 2 up but even solo making no changes the ride is much improved. Its funny I can put my hand between the fender and the top of the tire. Ground clearance is not any problem. As for pulling a trailer with a Harley, been there and done that. Properly set up and loaded the trailer should not exceed 20 pounds tongue weight and 20 pounds will not change the ride enough to matter. I will get the wife to pile on this afternoon hopefully, to see how 2 up feels. So far thumbs up to DK Custom and their fast service and excellent product. I also ordered the external head breather kit which should be here today. I wish I would have bundled some of this stuff, shipping is killing me but that's my fault for not ordering stuff all at once. Ok ill be back with the 2 up results soon.
Still wondering about pro action vs. legend revo-a shocks. I have heard both are great on the preload spring adjustment and rebound system. Has anyone compared the two?

Old 10-27-2016, 06:44 AM
Ben A
Cruiser

I think Kevin can answer that because their write up said they tried all kinds of set ups and different brand shocks and ended up picking Pro-Action over all for the money. They also said some of the real expensive shocks with reservoirs are better but the money difference may not be worth the small gain you may get. Ill let Kevin answer that better for you.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Ben A
Cruiser

I hope you can see the ground clearance from this pic.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:55 AM
Ben A
Cruiser

here is a larger view

Old 10-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Ben A
Cruiser

I installed the external head breather this evening after work so did not get a chance to take the wife for a ride to try out the shocks 2 up. The 103 stock breather makes that install extremely easy. just pull the 90 degree hose out of the stock filter and plug the hole in the back of the filter. Drill a hole in the filter housing the size of the supplied hose and push the hose through the hole between the cylinders then over the rear rocker cover down the frame rail to the bottom of the bike. it is totally hidden.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (10-28-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 09:25 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had my Pro-Action shocks on now for about a month. It is with out a doubt a LOT better ride. They are set up for two people and they work great. When I do ride by myself they are a little stiffer, but as good as the air shocks were. I think your wife will notice the difference right of the bat. Don't forget to fine tune them with the clicker on the bottom of the shocks. I have mine set on the third click in from the left.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 04:26 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triglide16
Still wondering about pro action vs. legend revo-a shocks. I have heard both are great on the preload spring adjustment and rebound system. Has anyone compared the two?
I read Kevin's write up on the pro action shocks and all the testing. I looked at George's videoclip on the quality of the shocks and now think these shocks are better than the legend due to prior conversations on the forum regarding the comparisons and the three stage self adjusting compression valving. I'm a believer, just need to save the $. Lol

Quick Reply: DK Custom Pro-Action shocks