Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Heated Jacket Liner HD #98331-15VM

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 08:26 AM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,688 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by bagger51
Just took a ride with the new HD heated jacket liner #98331-15VM . Wore it under my leather coat. It was amazing! It’s about 42 degrees here in Kansas City, MO and at 70 mph that’s a Wind Chill of 27 degrees. No problem. I had it on High on the highway, but I had to turn it down when I got off the highway. I am sure I could tolerate even lower temps. Heats up fast too. The collar is heated also and it zips way up, so the neck stays warm. Probably the most useful HD accessory I have bought so far. I did the standard wiring for it, hooking the harness directly to the battery and skipped using the battery tender hookup. Heated grips next month and I will be all set. I bought it for 149.00 (free shipping) from Barnett HD in El Paso, TX.

http://store.barnettharley.com/98331...l_Jacket_Liner
What size did you get and how is the fit?

Old 11-21-2016, 09:43 AM
medicmike
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I love my heated gear and do believe it is hands down the best investment you can make for YOU! We all spend $$ on our babies and with each new family member we adopt over the years, we add items and for that particular family member (bike) perhaps a new seat is the best money spent. But, we can take our heated gear with us from baby to baby. I have never had heated grips as of yet, I am told they are really nice but only heat your palm of the hand and the backside of your hand can get chilly. I purchased a battery heated vest first a few years back thinking if it didn't work well on the bike, I would use it hunting. It works well but is limited to battery life and I couldn't change batteries without stopping. I thought long and hard and decided to do it first class. Over the winter I purchased a heated jacket liner, heated glove liners and a wireless remote for it all. Then found a matching pair of gloves on e-bay and picked them up to for under $60.00 but have never used them yet because the glove liners work so well and I can still wear my favorite gloves. I like it all so much I am going to get the pants and socks another wireless remote and be done. My stuff is made by First Gear (? spelling). I know there are a lot of real good brands out there and they all work really good so make your choice. I really liked their price, warranty and convenience of use compared to others at the time. I wired directly to the battery and just used Velcro to attach the plug to the grab bar for the passenger on my left side. I have a dual wireless remote with individual controls for the gloves and jacket liner which is real nice because of the control. I also bought a coiled wire extension which goes from the receiver in the jacket liner pocket to the power port on the bike, that way when I forget to un-plug from the bike and walk away it un-plugs itself and doesn't hurt anything but my feelings when people see me walking away from the bike with this wire attached! I will buy another dual wireless remote for the pants and socks I have yet to purchase so I have individual control over each item separately. Best part is, then when momma wants to ride in cooler weather she can have a jacket liner and gloves and I can have a jacket liner and gloves. She won't ride when it gets really cold so I get back her controller for my pants and socks, I win! I used to just the wireless remote in one of the compartments of my windshield bag. When I traded up to the Tri-Glide all I had to do was disconnect two wires from the battery and re-attach to the new bike and your gear is good to go on the next bike. Two small simple but big improvements I did with the Tri-glide for safety and ease of use are; the wireless remote has a lanyard attached to it. I took a short piece of para-cord and ran it out one of the holes in the bottom of my windshield bag and tied a knot in it so it can't come out of the compartment and put a small spring loaded clip on the other end which I hook to the lanyard attached to the remote so I can't drop it going down the road and loose it. I also put a small piece of Velcro on the bottom the center windshield compartment and Velcro on the back of the remote. It fits perfect between the windshield bag and the top of the inner fairing. The remote is easy to adjust and its attached to the bike so I can't loose it. The remote is sandwiched between the bag and the bike, front and center. When I get my pants and socks I will do the same for it and have four (4) individual controls for each garment. With this set-up I can ride in the coldest weather and be comfortable or as earlier stated, give one to momma and we are all happy and warm! Hands down the best $$$ I have ever spent on me or the bike. AND when I trade again, it all goes with me, not the bike.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:48 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts

Just took a ride with the new HD heated jacket liner #98331-15VM
Just ordered, Thanks for posting

Old 11-22-2016, 08:29 AM
bagger51
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbie
What size did you get and how is the fit?
I bought the XL size. I wear about a 46 coat and it fits perfect.

The following users liked this post:
oldbie (11-22-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 09:30 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts

I bought the XL size. I wear about a 46 coat and it fits perfect.
I had to pony up the extra 25 for XX, hope It fits

Old 11-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Your heated jacket loner should be a snug fit.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:03 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Since we are talking warm, here is another hint. Chaps were designed for scrapes, not heat. Winter time wife and I wear Wal-Mart Walls Blizzard insulated bib coveralls. A cheaper version of the Carhartt insulated bibs. VERY warm when riding. Couple of years ago we were at the Grand Canyon. 19* when we left to head home. We were both warm and toasty in the bibs and electric jackets.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I had a First Gear Thurmo Suit, that was very warm...

Old 11-23-2016, 08:06 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,688 Likes on 756 Posts

Received my size L today, fits great. Haven't hooked up yet.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:29 AM
bagger51
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbie
Received my size L today, fits great. Haven't hooked up yet.
You will probably figure this out on your own, but I had a bit of a learning curve how to wear it. You want the flap with the plug-in and heat control on the outside when you are using it. Like the pic shows online. Gives you more length on power cord and quick access to the control. Ask me how I know.

The following users liked this post:
oldbie (11-24-2016)

Quick Reply: Heated Jacket Liner HD #98331-15VM