Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Heated Jacket Liner HD #98331-15VM

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 03:58 PM
bagger51
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Heated Jacket Liner HD #98331-15VM

Just took a ride with the new HD heated jacket liner #98331-15VM . Wore it under my leather coat. It was amazing! It’s about 42 degrees here in Kansas City, MO and at 70 mph that’s a Wind Chill of 27 degrees. No problem. I had it on High on the highway, but I had to turn it down when I got off the highway. I am sure I could tolerate even lower temps. Heats up fast too. The collar is heated also and it zips way up, so the neck stays warm. Probably the most useful HD accessory I have bought so far. I did the standard wiring for it, hooking the harness directly to the battery and skipped using the battery tender hookup. Heated grips next month and I will be all set. I bought it for 149.00 (free shipping) from Barnett HD in El Paso, TX.

http://store.barnettharley.com/98331...l_Jacket_Liner

Last edited by bagger51; 11-19-2016 at 04:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
30glock (11-22-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Heated clothing is the best. I have the Gerbings Union Ridge outer pants and jacket with gloves....it's amazing. Like riding in an electric blanket....

Old 11-19-2016, 08:06 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bagger51
Just took a ride with the new HD heated jacket liner #98331-15VM . Wore it under my leather coat. It was amazing! It’s about 42 degrees here in Kansas City, MO and at 70 mph that’s a Wind Chill of 27 degrees. No problem. I had it on High on the highway, but I had to turn it down when I got off the highway. I am sure I could tolerate even lower temps. Heats up fast too. The collar is heated also and it zips way up, so the neck stays warm. Probably the most useful HD accessory I have bought so far. I did the standard wiring for it, hooking the harness directly to the battery and skipped using the battery tender hookup. Heated grips next month and I will be all set. I bought it for 149.00 (free shipping) from Barnett HD in El Paso, TX.

http://store.barnettharley.com/98331...l_Jacket_Liner
Wow...that's a great price and w/free shipping! I have the same jacket but the controller plugs into my battery tender pigtail. I haven't upped the fuse to 7.5 to accommodate the jacket/pants/gloves, so opted to wear over-pants and a heavy Bilt jacket today (42* w/wind). How would I wire directly to the battery? Thanks.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:22 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Wife and I have VOLT electric (battery) jackets. On "HI" it will make you sweat for about 2 hours. Low where I ride is about 5 hours. we keep extra batteries in the trunk on a charger when we ride 'just in case'

Old 11-20-2016, 09:58 AM
bagger51
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BinIdaho
Wow...that's a great price and w/free shipping! I have the same jacket but the controller plugs into my battery tender pigtail. I haven't upped the fuse to 7.5 to accommodate the jacket/pants/gloves, so opted to wear over-pants and a heavy Bilt jacket today (42* w/wind). How would I wire directly to the battery? Thanks.
I used this wiring harness that came with it to hook directly to the battery:

Old 11-20-2016, 10:14 AM
rwhgme
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I own Milwaukee heated jackets that I got from my Home Depot. They were on clearance for $70.00 batteries and charger included. I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I talk to contractors that use and love them...we will see.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

We started using heated jacket liners (the heated collar is great) a few years back.

Wow! What a difference from layering up and still not being toasty warm.

Should have started using these years ago!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 11-20-2016, 03:04 PM
twistr
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 54 Posts

Still have my original Gerbings jacket liner with heated collar bought back in the turn of the century...have the gloves too...best accessory investment I have ever made...mine still works great but have been thinking of getting a new one. Back then they did not offer the thermostat, just an on/off switch.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

The new Gerbings, and others I'm sure, are using the micro wire, less bulky and works better. I have a jacket and pants liner, but prefer the union ridge over pants and jacket for ease of use when traveling. With the jacket liner, no problem putting it on when parked in rest area etc...but pants liner, wel, ya have to drop pants etc...plus unless you have extra room, pants will be awful snug. With the Union Ridge over pants and jacket it's like putting on a rain suit and plug in, plus the jacket and pants are water resistant ( I hesitate using waterproof on any clothing). And of course we have gloves

Old 11-20-2016, 10:34 PM
jm35ny
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Best $$ I ever spent!

Quick Reply: Heated Jacket Liner HD #98331-15VM