Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

J&S Trike Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 09:23 AM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default J&S Trike Jacks

15 percent off today on Black Friday AND 15 percent off shipping ONLY today !! They do not work with 2017 models.

Last edited by Triglide16; 11-25-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

The jack works it's just a little tricky to get in place on the 2017 trikes. J&S is working on a retrofit lift arm I can get for my jack (talked with them last week). Until then I will wiggle my jack in place on my 2017 Tri Glide and use as is until retrofit part is available.

Pic's below of my 2017 on the J&S trike jack I used on my 2015 model previously.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Attached Thumbnails J&S Trike Jacks-img_1609.jpg   J&S Trike Jacks-img_1610.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
so60 (11-25-2016)
Old 11-25-2016, 09:29 PM
so60
Club Member
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Thanks a bunch!

Bill G, thanks for posting this information. I pulled the trigger today on a new air model J&S trike jack, which had a 15% off the jack and shipping today only. I couldn't get them on the phone before I ordered online (probably busy today), but I didn't want to miss the sale. My Tri-Glide is a 2016. However, I don't want to spend this much money if it can't be adapted to the 17's later without spending a lot of money. Hopefully this can be handled easily with just a new rail and adapter on the rear side. Please post any updates (and cost) on this as you receive them.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by so60
Bill G, thanks for posting this information. I pulled the trigger today on a new air model J&S trike jack, which had a 15% off the jack and shipping today only. I couldn't get them on the phone before I ordered online (probably busy today), but I didn't want to miss the sale. My Tri-Glide is a 2016. However, I don't want to spend this much money if it can't be adapted to the 17's later without spending a lot of money. Hopefully this can be handled easily with just a new rail and adapter on the rear side. Please post any updates (and cost) on this as you receive them.

Your welcome and I will post any info I get and will post the retro fit if and when they get it done and I get my hands on one.

Also again as stated the existing jack it can be used as is on the 2017 trike but it is a pain to get the arm up between the belt and wiggled or pulled back in place behind the cross over pipe to lift the trike.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Old 11-26-2016, 01:10 AM
Triglide16
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Bill G;15707856]The jack works it's just a little tricky to get in place on the 2017 trikes. J&S is working on a retrofit lift arm I can get for my jack (talked with them last week). Until then I will wiggle my jack in place on my 2017 Tri Glide and use as is until retrofit part is available.

Pic's below of my 2017 on the J&S trike jack I used on my 2015 model previously.

Ride Safe,
Bill G[/QUOTE
Glad you got it to work on the 2017. I just wanted to get the word out about the sale, I bought one also for my 2016 .That's good info for future purchases .
Thanks

Old 12-05-2016, 10:32 AM
so60
Club Member
Talking J&S Good News

I ordered a new J&S Air Model Trike lift on the 25th of November. They advised me it would not ship for 1-2 weeks and that was no big problem for me. I called them this morning to add the conversion kit to convert it to a regular 2 wheel lift. I told them just to stick it in the box with the lift to save extra shipping.

The gentleman I spoke with was very nice and he advised me they were waiting on some parts to finish up the Trike lift models. He stated that the new Trike lifts they will ship in another week or so will work on the pre 17 Trikes as well as the 17 Trike models without any adapter. It seems they have changed the design of the rear lift mechanism to work both ways. I advised him that was worth waiting for. I did not think to ask him about an adapter kit for the previously sold jacks, but I was told by someone at J&S, about a week and a half ago, that they were working on a kit for that also.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate

Originally Posted by so60
I ordered a new J&S Air Model Trike lift on the 25th of November. They advised me it would not ship for 1-2 weeks and that was no big problem for me. I called them this morning to add the conversion kit to convert it to a regular 2 wheel lift. I told them just to stick it in the box with the lift to save extra shipping.

The gentleman I spoke with was very nice and he advised me they were waiting on some parts to finish up the Trike lift models. He stated that the new Trike lifts they will ship in another week or so will work on the pre 17 Trikes as well as the 17 Trike models without any adapter. It seems they have changed the design of the rear lift mechanism to work both ways. I advised him that was worth waiting for. I did not think to ask him about an adapter kit for the previously sold jacks, but I was told by someone at J&S, about a week and a half ago, that they were working on a kit for that also.
Thanks for the update Glad that I waited to order on Black Friday merry xmas to me !!!

Old 12-15-2016, 01:15 PM
so60
Club Member
Default J&S Trike Jack Update

FYI........I spoke with MR Roovers (I believe that is his name) yesterday about my jack order that was made on November 25th. He was very nice and polite. It seems he had a little trouble finding someone to let him use a 2017 model trike to "test fit" the new lift changes for the 2017 model. After doing all the testing etc he has sent a bunch of stuff out to "the painters" and asked them to get the parts back to him as soon as possible. He said he hopes to get the parts back my next Tuesday or Wednesday and then ship them out to those who purchased them. Luckily, I am not in any big hurry for the jack.

Last edited by so60; 12-15-2016 at 04:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Fearless (old nickname) (12-15-2016)
Old 12-30-2016, 12:09 PM
so60
Club Member
Default Well Well..very new info!

My J&S Air model Trike jack finally arrived yesterday, 12/29/16 via UPS. The box had several tears and holes but the well packed box protected the jack and it was fine. As I started unpacking the box and assembling the new jack I noticed something just did not "look" correct, but I finished up the assembly anyway. Then when I backed off and looked at it a big ALERT from my brain said, "hey man they put the riser for the rear part of the lift on the wrong side"! Yep, standing at the back of the jack the arm activated riser that has always been on the left rail is now on the right rail. My first thoughts were "how in the hell could whoever put this thing together (at factory) get this on the wrong side"?

By the time I got it put together and noticed all of this it was 7:00 PM and J&S was closed. Also my trike is situated in my garage in such a way that I can't access the left side without moving it out and backing it in. I didn't want to fool with that at the time, so I just waited until this morning and called J&S.

Now for the "NEW INFO" on this trike jack. We knew they were having to make some changes on the jack to accommodate the new 17 trikes. It appears the only way they could design the jack to work with the 17's and pre 17's both was to design it to come into the trike from the LEFT side on all model year trikes. The instructions that shipped with the jack still said position jack from the RIGHT side and all the pics showed it from the right side. However, when I called them this morning to clear all of this up, they advised me they had updated the instructions and emailed me a copy of the "new" instructions.

When I first called this morning the only person there was Leah and she is the one that sent me the new version of the instructions. I called back about an hour later and spoke with Tanner. Tanner was very helpful and answered all of my questions. Yes, the jack is redesigned and it does have to be used from the LEFT side of the trike. I pointed out to him that even the "new" version of the instructions needed to be updated with a few more details and pictures with the jack lifting from the LEFT side. Again.....the jack is used from the left side regardless of the year model trike. Obviously with the riser on the right rail, the jack will have to be used from the left side of the trike.

I still haven't been able to try the jack this morning, but it looks like you can just slide it in from the left just far enough for the back of the riser to clear the belt by a 1/4 inch or so and just behind the crossover pipe until the riser will lock in place with the handle. It looks like it will work fine. I will post again after I actually use it. Sorry for this post being so long.

Last edited by so60; 12-30-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:12 AM
Triglide16
Intermediate

Thank you for the update. Hope putting the trike in the air goes well. Let us know how the new configuration worked out.

Quick Reply: J&S Trike Jacks