Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

How many ride the Tri-glide

Old 12-27-2016, 08:40 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I'd stop riding if I had to ride a trike. First, the cost. Second, they look scary to me.
Once upon a time I said the same thing. Then after knee surgery and the onset of diabetes that caused circulation issues in my legs, I had to make an attitude adjustment if I wanted to keep riding. Glad I did. I much prefer three to four.

The following 2 users liked this post by MikeyTX:
Fearless (old nickname) (12-27-2016), Zepaholic (01-12-2017)
Old 12-29-2016, 03:43 PM
strohkr
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Started with one back in the 50's :-)

First wheeled vehicle I had was a trike (Big Wheel) - eventually I "upgraded" to a bike. From there I decided a bike needs a motor - BUT - always wanted to go back to my Big Wheel - loved that thing. So, after dropping my RK too many times to count & after over 50 years on a bike & pushing the BIG seven-oh I decided it's time - went out and got my new adult version of my old Big Wheel. Have had it for about 4 years now and the only thing I really needed to do was to increase the rake from stock - now it turns like I have power steering! Ok, ok - I also did a stage 2 kit (screams for a trike)!
Still ride with my old biker buds and no one says a damn thing even if my gas mileage sucks and we hafta stop every 100 miles - heck most of us have a 100 mile bladder anyway.
Love it! Absolutely love it! I can park anywhere, ride on most any road or trail, pack my CPAP (HAHA), take extra underwear, and still have room for those stupid t-shirt purchases that I still make. Twisties - take 'em as fast as I want, tar snakes don't scare me any more, and your butt doesn't pucker as much when you're taking fast curves in the rain.
Would I go back to my beloved RK?
Sure - if I was 25 again but even at 25 if I knew how much fun a motorized Big Wheel would be I'd make damn sure I had one of them in my garage too - they're fun as hell!

The following users liked this post:
Oogie Wa Wa (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 502 Likes on 246 Posts

I no longer have my '16 TriGlide. There are things I liked about it such as the fact I never had to put my feet down and it was easier in bumper to bumper traffic. What I didn't like that really annoyed me was the side to side action when you hit a good PA pot hole etc. Especially when hauling my wife, there was a few times I thought it would pitch her off. I'm back to a Street Glide. If there comes a time it's riding or not, I'd get another.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:29 PM
dwoodlives
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
What I didn't like that really annoyed me was the side to side action when you hit a good PA pot hole etc. Especially when hauling my wife, there was a few times I thought it would pitch her off.

Same problem here. She says the impact hurts her back. Now we have a system: when approaching an obvious 'bump', I say [thru our intercom] "bump!" That gives her a few seconds to prepare for the impact.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:11 PM
bomber43
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tri glide

I have a 15 tri-glide I'm 74 with 2 art hips was thinking of quiting riding

Old 01-05-2017, 08:18 PM
ncdeekay
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
The wife is more comfortable on the TG.
2x this ^^. I love riding with my wife and going to the Tri-glide helped make her more comfortable. Happy wife, happy life. Added bonus, they are a blast to ride!!!

The following users liked this post:
Scooter68 (01-12-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Teh4pwr
Novice

I have a 14 TG. Love it. Miss leaning. Love low speed turning. Bad
Left knee. Ride on.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I no longer have my '16 TriGlide. There are things I liked about it such as the fact I never had to put my feet down and it was easier in bumper to bumper traffic. What I didn't like that really annoyed me was the side to side action when you hit a good PA pot hole etc. Especially when hauling my wife, there was a few times I thought it would pitch her off. I'm back to a Street Glide. If there comes a time it's riding or not, I'd get another.
Originally Posted by dwoodlives
Same problem here. She says the impact hurts her back. Now we have a system: when approaching an obvious 'bump', I say [thru our intercom] "bump!" That gives her a few seconds to prepare for the impact.
Yeah, I used to give my wife the same heads up when a bump was coming up.

We spent a good deal of last year working on testing a huge variety of suspension components.

We've got the Tri-Glide dialed in where it rides smoother than most baggers. It is a night and day difference.

Here is what one person said that rode my TG last year-

"I also rode Kevin's bike (Tri-Glide) @ Kerrville as well. I was skeptical that the ride would be any different. I can second Robert's analysis. The ride was a absolutely different, approaching the ride and comfort ability of IRS. I was surprised."

You can see the reports we put together after all our research here-

Front Suspension Link
Rear Suspension Link

Bottom line- you don't have to put up with a bumpy, uncomfortable ride on your Trike.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Scooter68
Road Master

I bought my 2011 last year, had the $ to get it and eventually won't be able to ride two wheels once I get over the hill.