Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Need To Get UP To Speed On Tri-Glides HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 02:45 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE!!!

Go drop a few bucks and rent one for a day. Your Goldwing conversion rides smoother, more horsepower, and is more comfortable. Only thing wrong with a 'wing' conversion is: it ain't a Harley. I'm on my 2nd Harley factory Trike, wife is on her 3rd. How's that for a testimony

The following users liked this post:
Fearless (old nickname) (01-01-2017)
Old 01-01-2017, 04:51 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Rent one, test ride is not enough time. I would buy another.
Welcome aboard and good luck.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:16 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

i went another route converted a 15 ultra limited with a road smith. if your coming from a csc your not going to like the ride of the straight axel. I'm using a 5 degree rake steering input is very close to the triglide.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:04 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
Sorry, I wasn't sure you was going to reply!

Old 01-01-2017, 07:29 PM
ncdeekay
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Seems like you got some great answers here, I got nothing to add except I agree 100% with Screwball, rent one for a day or two - then run home and get your checkbook, you'll be buying!! Enjoy!

Old 01-01-2017, 07:35 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Go drop a few bucks and rent one for a day. Your Goldwing conversion rides smoother, more horsepower, and is more comfortable. Only thing wrong with a 'wing' conversion is: it ain't a Harley. I'm on my 2nd Harley factory Trike, wife is on her 3rd. How's that for a testimony
I'm with Screwball on this one! I ride with a group of GW'ers and they will outrun me pulling hills...gearing is different, I think. Your talking apples and oranges with GW and Tri-Glides. I ride a TG because it's a Harley, no other reason. You need to test ride one and you'll know immediately the difference! Good luck.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Re: Floorboards; just standard Harley floorboards. You have to get on and off somehow if you're under 6'4"! But a lot of folks have them extended outwards an inch or more, using kits. That makes them more useful and gets your legs away from the engine/heat. I've got mine out 1", but am going to get a kit that moves them out 2.5" and up 0.5", just my preference. My feet point out, so that and a wider brake pedal and front shifter peg were needed.

Three years on my '14 with a couple of cross-country trips on it, the wife and I love it! And hey, it's a Harley, it actually looks more like a real motorcycle than a space ship, the engine is purdy enough to show without bodywork all over the place.

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 01-02-2017 at 06:51 AM. Reason: :-)
Fearless (old nickname) (01-02-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 06:01 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by graygoat
Rent one, test ride is not enough time. I would buy another.
Welcome aboard and good luck.
Depends on the dealer. When I bought my TriGlide, the dealer filled it up with a full tank of gas, and told me to take it wherever I wanted, no time limit at all. It didn't take me very long to love it and ride back and sign the papers and drive it home. Very unlike my first Harley where I couldn't test ride the one I was buying, and was told not to be out more than10 minutes.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:30 AM
paw paw willie
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Screwball nailed it!!

Fearless (old nickname) (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 10:20 AM
RetiredSarge
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings,
I'm going to comment on a couple of questions, you've already have gotten great answers on the others!

4. If you were building one what options would you do. I.e. Rear wheel size, type, front wheel etc.
Personally at purchase time i would add a stage one if you are looking at a 2016 or older, and any under the cowling work like handle bars, heated grips etc.

5. I would add a trailer hitch, any concerns here? According to my dealer it voids the power train portion of your warranty IF they turn you in. I'v different stories on how you can get busted, like at rallies, certain dealerships etc.

6. How does it handle and do you have to muscle this trike? I have a muscle issue and a repaired shoulder. The Honda was easy to steer.
I'm short and the reach is just a little awkward. I am adding the batwing read handle bars or the +2 Sweepers to help wit that.

11. What is the warranty and are extended warranties available?
The basic 2 year is tip to stern, the optional Harley ESP warranty goes up to 7, it overlaps the basic warranty not adds to it, so a 7 years ESP is 7 years from the day you buy it not 9. You can buy the warranty anytime in the first two years. You can buy additional years afterwards if you have the ESP. It adds towing, roadside assistance, hotels if needed, my favorite: Road hazard Tire replacement and a few more items to the basic warranty.

14. WOULD YOU BUY ANOTHER???????????
Yes!

Jeffrey

Quick Reply: Need To Get UP To Speed On Tri-Glides HELP PLEASE!!!