Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Need To Get UP To Speed On Tri-Glides HELP PLEASE!!!

Old 01-06-2017, 12:33 PM
zigzag
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default trikes

Something else to maybe think about,I know when I decided to buy a trike when I retired a few months ago it was a big decision.I test rode many brands of conversions. Yes the Gold Wings were very nice! But when I checked with several Honda dealerships about working on them more than once I was told yes we work on them from the seat forward.Not trying to upset anyone but after 45 years of riding and 30 plus motorcycles I have learned ANY machine can fail! We ended up buying a HD FREEWEELER because it was easy to ride,as far as we were concerned looked great and no matter where your at there is a dealership.Also since they are titled as a trike out of the factory resale as far as loans etc can be a little easier. Good luck with your purchase and be safe!

Old 01-07-2017, 05:21 AM
Foreveryoung
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you to all who responded. I will certainly take the suggestion to ride one before buying. Will be calling you Frank.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Foreveryoung
Thank you to all who responded. I will certainly take the suggestion to ride one before buying. Will be calling you Frank.
Ok Steve

Old 01-08-2017, 01:19 PM
ncdeekay
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Foreveryoung
Let us know and post pics when you pull the trigger. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2017, 11:29 AM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE!!!

Go drop a few bucks and rent one for a day. Your Goldwing conversion rides smoother, more horsepower, and is more comfortable. Only thing wrong with a 'wing' conversion is: it ain't a Harley. I'm on my 2nd Harley factory Trike, wife is on her 3rd. How's that for a testimony
...........listen to Screwball.......he knows....I have had my 09 since new.....I like it very much...it is all stock....not especially fast but I like it just the same....I have around sixty four thou on the odo........I recommend to not overload the reverse gear .....and yessssssss rent one from a dealer.....for a few days...that should do it....!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Fearless (old nickname) (01-10-2017)