Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Taking my first ride TODAY!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:17 AM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Welcome aboard, Jerzgirl, and enjoy both of those rides! Hope the oil issue is easily solved. Just remember the trike is wider at the rear and plan for gas pumps, curbs, ect. accordingly.
Ride safe.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Yep when my ex started riding her own that's what we did for a bit . She bought the ride like a pro video. And we set up in the parking lot . Then road in the neighborhood early morning weekend​s then hit the back roads. She is a very good rider. Biggest thing I went over is ride your own ride.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:12 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

I too am curious as to from which dealer did you buy? I got my FLRT at Barbs HD and I am trying to get used to the new ride. Traded my Dyna in for the trike Still trying to get up to 1000 miles for first service.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:44 PM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by ord sgt
I too am curious as to from which dealer did you buy? I got my FLRT at Barbs HD and I am trying to get used to the new ride. Traded my Dyna in for the trike Still trying to get up to 1000 miles for first service.
Good dealer and nice lady, one of the few dealerships owned by a women.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:05 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

I worked at the dealership for a while so I will reserve my comments on the owner. But I did trade my Street Bob in for the FLRT there. The SB was bought at that dealership before I had a job with them.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:33 PM
Jerzgirl
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Follow up

Originally Posted by Jerzgirl
Just riding around the neighborhood, getting a feel for my FLRT. It started going well, getting the hang of it. Hubby was following and I decided to make a move to ride to the local HD Dealership, when at a stop light - smoke started pouring up around my right leg. Hub pulled up next to me and said "you're leaking oil...get home now!"

Home I came...after 3-4 miles she was spewing oil out of...can't tell where. Ugh. She has a total of 36 miles on her now...4 or 5 of which I just put on. Dealership is coming to get her. Any ideas? Hub thinks maybe it was over-filled...but man that was a bunch of oil that came out. Not dripping, pouring.

J
Welp, by way of follow up, I'm on the road again! Turns out there was some blockage in the oil line that came from the manufacturer. I had lost about a Qt of oil in this mishap. Dealership picked up my FLRT, fixed it the next day, got her all cleaned up and has it on it's way back to me. All covered - no cost.

The dealership we bought from (and having serviced) is Bergen County Harley in NJ. From the moment we walked in - the service has been top notch. Sales, parts, service - everyone has been awesome. I highly recommend them. We live in an area of NJ that has 3 dealerships all about the same distance from us - and though they are all great - Bergen has our complete trust.

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. Now all I need is a nice day...

J

The following 3 users liked this post by Jerzgirl:
Casper (03-31-2017), Fearless (old nickname) (03-31-2017), graygoat (04-01-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 04:09 PM
silveradoman2
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Glad everything turned out good for you.

Enjoy the ride when you can!

Old 03-31-2017, 05:44 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Great! Glad everything got worked out, now for miles and smiles!
Enjoy and be safe

Old 03-31-2017, 06:35 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Jerzgirl....if it hasn't already been mentioned invest in a backrest. That will keep you "solid" in the seat and stable.

Enjoy your new ride!

The following users liked this post:
Jerzgirl (04-01-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 01:39 PM
laroc
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad it's all good. Be great to know how you enjoy the new ride. After forty years on two wheels I'm moving to a FLRT in a few months so interested in your thoughts. thanks Phil

Quick Reply: Taking my first ride TODAY!