Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tririder
I spoke with Ola at HD customer service yesterday and she logged my complaints and gave me a confirmation #. When HD logs a complaint, it is specifically tagged to your vin # so that when a dealer calls a tech service person at HD HQ, they have access to any complaints you have made directly to HD and vice versa. For instance, when HD pulled up my vin, they told me that my dealer had last called a tech rep at HD in January of '09 to discuss my trunk leak. They keep a record of every contact about your specific bike no matter who calls in to what department. Ola told me that they really need the dealers to call HD tech service when they service the trikes so they can keep a tally of all of the problems they're having. I passed this info along to the dealer and asked them to call HD tech service with every issue they have and to reference my vin#. This way there is a record of all of my (and other people's) issues.
I also told Ola that I have discussed my problems with all of you wonderful, supportive people on this forum and told her that none of my problems are specific to my trike. I told her they may want to have someone take a look at this forum - no response from her on that! She left it with me that I really need to have my dealer service department contact them with more specific information, so that's what I have done.
It sounds like Harley has a mechanism in place to track the problems but the dealers are either not aware of the system or they are not participating!

Shouldn’t Harley send a notice to its dealer network seeking their cooperation (that is a rhetorical question).

Based upon what was reported here, I suspect that Harley is not even aware of my trunk leak problem because, as I stated in a previous post; the dealer didn’t even attempt to repair mine because attempts on two (2) other Tri-Glides failed and he was told that a new bulletin is in the works.

Thanks Tririder for the valuable information!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:36 AM
tririder
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default update

My trike is at the dealer and the dealer did call HD. Dealer said the HD tech sent him 20 pages of instructions about things to try to stop the leaking and fix the lock problem so we'll see...........

Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My trike is at the dealer and the dealer did call HD. Dealer said the HD tech sent him 20 pages of instructions about things to try to stop the leaking and fix the lock problem so we'll see...........
My dealer is going to look at mine on Saturday.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

My service guy had the service bulletin (list of instructions) in his hand when I arrived...20 minutes later I was back on the road (no measurements taken)...parts on order.

I'm going to take a marker and put a mark somewhere on the trunk seal, just so the mechanic doesn't glue my old seal back on.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:18 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I had my Trike at the dealer on Saturday. They installed the down load that was supposed to correct the pinging issue and low and behold it did. They adjusted the trunk and it still leaks. No improvement. Will talk to the dealer on Tuesday.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My hubby fixed the leak on my trike by putting a rubber gasket on the door and then shaved a 1/4 inch gasket with his power buffer so that it was thicker in the middle and tapered on the ends. ( top of trunk opening only with this) He put thin gasket along the sides and bottom. Then he sealed it with liquid rubber. OK, so no leak at all. Problem? Yup, now the truck falls open when we hit a bump, even though it is shut tight when we leave. So that is the next project, the latch.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:56 AM
HJP
Cruiser

could you post a picture

Old 05-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Sure.....my bike stays in our airplane hanger, so when I go back over there, I will try and remember to bring the camera. Not sure it will show you a lot though, as the rubber piece he tapered down is now covered with liquid rubber.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
dutch47
Stage IV
Default Reverse

Reverse just went down yesterday. Calling HD dealer tomorrow

Old 05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dutch47
Reverse just went down yesterday. Calling HD dealer tomorrow
When I lost my reverse it was a simple matter of resetting a circuit breaker.

The breaker is located under the “rider” handgrip bracket under the seat.

Good Luck,

Jim

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues