Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 AM
mazzurco
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True Duals?

Has anyone put true duals on a Triglide? I have searched many threads and came across one that stated that a 09 Ultra fit. The thread did not state what type of system it was.
I have done some checking around and it seems the only fix to get rid of the cat is the Fuelmoto pipe or to modify the stock one. The Fuelmoto head pipe is 10 weeks out! I have always been a Rhineheart true dual fan but they do not accommodate the Triglide.
How about a custom exhaust shop? Anybody try that?
I’m on a mission here. Looking for some of that knowledge you guys have out there. There is shop out here that does that type of work but the master is on vacation until the end of June. So just fishing around it’s time for the mods to begin on my 2010 FLHXX.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by mazzurco
Has anyone put true duals on a Triglide? I have searched many threads and came across one that stated that a 09 Ultra fit. The thread did not state what type of system it was.
Not saying it hasn't been done, just nobody has posted that they've done it here. The true duals would maybe fit once extension pieces have been made for the right and left muffler. The problem with getting any exhaust that fits the 2 wheel touring line to fit the Triglide is the Triglide is several inches longer plus you have some frame work to get around so bends have to be made also. Have you contacted Fullsac about his X pipe for the Triglide, that is another option.

Another thought on the true duals, they do shift the torque to the right which is not what you want on such a chunky monkey like the Triglide. With bulk of the Triglide you want early torque.

Last edited by msocko3; 06-22-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:26 AM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To add true duals, you need to get the exhaust extentions that are available from the aftermarket trike kit companies ( Motortrike, Champion, Lehman ). It looks like a "S" that will give you the exhaust length and drop the mufflers to level needed

BTW, I have true duals on my 117"

Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Not saying it hasn't been done, just nobody has posted that they've done it here. The true duals would maybe fit once extension pieces have been made for the right and left muffler. The problem with getting any exhaust that fits the 2 wheel touring line to fit the Triglide is the Triglide is several inches longer plus you have some frame work to get around so bends have to be made also. Have you contacted Fullsac about his X pipe for the Triglide, that is another option.

Another thought on the true duals, they do shift the torque to the right which is not what you want on such a chunky monkey like the Triglide. With bulk of the Triglide you want early torque.
Nailed it right there... +1

I had sent an email to Fullsac late last week for another discussion. Last I heard from Fullsac they had about 50 head pipes in stock ready to ship out.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE
To add true duals, you need to get the exhaust extentions that are available from the aftermarket trike kit companies ( Motortrike, Champion, Lehman ). It looks like a "S" that will give you the exhaust length and drop the mufflers to level needed

Yeah, but you got the ponies to spare. Can't wait to see it this weekend.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE

If I had your torque I would probably go to true duals.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
mazzurco
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True Duals

Originally Posted by msocko3

I’m not familiar with fullsac but we check them out and see what they have.
I’m going to wait until this fellow gets back from his vacation that has done some custom exhaust for the shop I have used in the pass for tuning and dyno work. He seems to think true duals would be a good fit for the Triglide along with some other mods. Going to do my home work and not rush into anything. Thanks for all your post. I will keep you posted as to what I do and how it works.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default O2 Sensors

Do true duals pick up after the cat area in the replcement headpipes. Was wondering about the O2 sensors? If they are not straight runs from each cylinder how can you call them true duals? I would assume they pick up at the back of the fullsac or fuel motto headpipe so the O2 sensors would stay in the original position on the headpipe?

Old 06-22-2010, 01:57 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Do true duals pick up after the cat area in the replcement headpipes. Was wondering about the O2 sensors? If they are not straight runs from each cylinder how can you call them true duals? I would assume they pick up at the back of the fullsac or fuel motto headpipe so the O2 sensors would stay in the original position on the headpipe?
I checked out the pictures on Rineharts' site and the rear cyl pipe goes down and under the front cyl pipe and both O2 sensors are still down low. Here is a link where you can see the pictures. http://rinehartracing.com/exhausts/true-duals/100-0100 By the looks of it I would think the way the rear cyl comes down back and under the front cyl pipe it would cause the passenger to get a hot foot. That bugger is big time close to the passengers right foot.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default True Duals

No doubt, true duals. I have about decided to do the Drop in's first now and get a fuel managment system. So many options popping up on exhaust. I'm with you, stock may bogg down and be dog on the low end with these without a tune.

I like em, just running to close to stock to help them perform as they should!

yepper, that looks close on the ol right foot again, I just now got that whipped, hate to go backwards at this point.

Quick Reply: True Duals?