Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Feedback from Tri Glide owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:20 PM
09FLHXrLVNV
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doylejr
I am running a 2014 Tri Glide and have NO hot leg problems at all, only have 2500 miles on it and have NO complaints, looks like they have done things right now...
now ride that tri-glide here in las vegas nv or phoenix az...you will feel the heat! just forewarning ya

Old 08-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Mototom
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri Glide Heat issues

Move to Wisconsin!

Old 09-03-2014, 06:18 AM
Namvet1966
Intermediate
Default Warranty

My dealer says they don't see or pay attention to the trailer hitch and or won't report it. I also have a plug and play wire harness for the trailer which I only use when pulling the trailer, then remove when it goes into the shop and claim I only use the hitch for the Packit Rack setup. My dealer does not push the Harley extended warranty, instead they sell a third party warranty that comes with a towing package coverage, which includes motel and car rental due to break downs. It cost 1K for five years and can be used instead of the Harley warranty or on items if Harley won't cover them, at least that is what they stated when I called them direct.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:48 PM
dallious
6th Gear

So far the tri glade has been great, did not take as long as I thought to feel comfortable with it and every day gets better and better. Hope to get 1000 miles on it within the next couple of weeks so can get that first check up done, so far no problems that I couldn't work out with help from this forum, thanks

Old 09-10-2014, 05:37 AM
brownfoxx1
Cruiser

h-d has upgraded the triGlide from my '09. i like mine but if i was to buy another i'd go to a local bike shop & find a low mileage electra Glide & install
a frankstein kit. last i looked 4,500. - 7,500 and usually 500. for a bike shop to install it. lots of options & made in selina, ks. many guys have installed them themselves.a guy inn ill. has a class action suite against h-d for the wet-heads. specifically saying h-d hasn't provided a permanent fix. only a termorary one. some guys have not had any problems buy a-lot have. good-luck

Old 01-02-2015, 04:13 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain

Okay ... so I read all thirty something pages .... I think all forums are the same ... much like a sailor (20 years in the Nav so hold the rants) ... a happy sailor is a bitchin sailor ... When I first bought my K1200LT I went to the forums and was scared beyond belief about the "failed primary syndrome" ... never had the issue ... turns out it was about 4% of the bikes and all covered by warranty as far as I could tell ... When I bought my 2015 Triglide ... I fully expected to do headers, slip ons, and some sort of fuel tune ... I admit I've done more than I thought I would of in the last month .. but the more I do the more unique it is ... hence mine .... I gotta say ... I love this beast ... there is ice on my cul de sac and I can get to the roads that are dry just fine ... couldn't do that safely on my ultra ... It's very comfy ... very cool to look at ... a real attention getter in town here. Can't address the "heat issues" as the warmest it's been since I bought it is 52 degrees. I had the "heat issues" on my ultra and got through them. I'm even getting past my own prejudice that this is an "Old Man's Ride" .... dang it's just fun to ride.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:33 AM
RiverB
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do these heat problems extend to the Freewheeler? I gotsta know.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:26 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverB
Do these heat problems extend to the Freewheeler? I gotsta know.
the heat is from the catalytic convertor , affects bikes from 09 up as far as I have been able to read about , just change the head pipe of gut it out and you are good to go , or ride as is

Old 01-03-2015, 02:44 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st 96 ultra
the heat is from the catalytic convertor , affects bikes from 09 up as far as I have been able to read about , just change the head pipe of gut it out and you are good to go , or ride as is
Only 09's with a catalytic converter are the California market, and some international.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:59 PM
anthony s
Stage I
Smile getting a tri glide

Took a spill last year on My road glide last year with the wife on the back Now she Wont ride so thought about a tri glide show she will Ride with me again any help or advice will be appreciated is a trike the right move.

Quick Reply: Feedback from Tri Glide owners