Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Feedback from Tri Glide owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
tmigala
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anthony s
Took a spill last year on My road glide last year with the wife on the back Now she Wont ride so thought about a tri glide show she will Ride with me again any help or advice will be appreciated is a trike the right move.
Go for it you will not regret it. I have over 100k in the saddle of several trikes after over 45 years of 2 wheels. My wife never rode on my 2 wheelers. She rides on my trike when she is not on her own.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:39 AM
AlTriKat
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife would not ride with me on our limited, now I can't go anywhere on the trike without her. She loves it.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Harley Don
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went to Datona in 2013 and was on Beach st and sat on a new anniversary trike. I was riding my 2008 Road Glide which was my 9th 2 wheel Harley, first one purchased in 1957. My wife of 32 years would not ride on my 2 wheeler as she has a compressed vertebra in her neck and was afraid.

My riding partner took my picture sitting on the trike and I E-mailed it to my wife and stated the we were both going in different directions and so when I returned home to Oregon I would sell the Road Glide and quit riding or if she would ride on the trike, I would get one.

She E-mailed back that she would ride on the trike and so I now have the 2013 anniversary since April of 2013 and we are both having a super good time. One of the best moves I ever made.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Cohoon
Stage I

Anyone having problems with rear tire spray on '14 TG? In dry weather, we rode over wet pavement and rear tires threw water pattern directly toward passenger's thighs. Water was thrown high enough to get on her face shield. Took dirty bike and "hot" passenger to dealership as proof - they said "hmmmm... might be a design flaw".

Old 01-18-2015, 12:34 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Cohoon
Anyone having problems with rear tire spray on '14 TG? In dry weather, we rode over wet pavement and rear tires threw water pattern directly toward passenger's thighs. Water was thrown high enough to get on her face shield. Took dirty bike and "hot" passenger to dealership as proof - they said "hmmmm... might be a design flaw".
Never paid it much attention when I had my 2010, normally if its wet we're in rain gear.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:43 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Life's a Beach

My wife and I were walking along the road after a rain and we both fell into the ditch. We both got MUD on us!!! We complained to the highway department and they said we may have made a judgement error.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:31 AM
TrapshooterBob
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Flaps front and rear .... no issues here!

Bob

The following users liked this post:
7up (10-17-2019)
Old 02-04-2015, 01:16 PM
SaberOne
Stage II

Okay, I'm new and this is my first ever post. Been sitting on the sidelines as I consider a new (on the floor) 14' TG with a few extras that may include the factory performance cam and oval HD intake.

Onward: I have medical issues so I gave up my last HD more than 20-years ago but yet I visit the dealership often and dream. Then came my son with his HD dresser' and the spark came back hot! I applied for the HD loan and to my surprise I was approved. My left brain says' 'don't you dare' wile my right brain say's 'screw it - just do it'.

Rambling over: Any 'real' difference between the 14 and 15 aside from the $495 increase? Any thoughts on my planned mods? Frankly, I'm still on the fence as I'm flipping the last two coins I'll have if I whip out the pen.

Last edited by SaberOne; 02-04-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:19 PM
RiverB
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You only live once.

I'd say skip the mods, as if you've been away that long current stock performance will surprise you. But, if putting the mods into the financing package makes sense for you personally, go for 'em.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:28 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SaberOne
Okay, I'm new and this is my first ever post. Been sitting on the sidelines as I consider a new (on the floor) 14' TG with a few extras that may include the factory performance cam and oval HD intake.

Onward: I have medical issues so I gave up my last HD more than 20-years ago but yet I visit the dealership often and dream. Then came my son with his HD dresser' and the spark came back hot! I applied for the HD loan and to my surprise I was approved. My left brain says' 'don't you dare' wile my right brain say's 'screw it - just do it'.

Rambling over: Any 'real' difference between the 14 and 15 aside from the $495 increase? Any thoughts on my planned mods? Frankly, I'm still on the fence as I'm flipping the last two coins I'll have if I whip out the pen.
First...Welcome to the forum. Second...I do not think there is any difference between the 14s and 15s. But, and this is just me, I would ride it stock for awhile to see how you like the power that the Rushmore bikes have now. There is no way I, and this is just me again, would take a brand new engine and tear it apart before it left the dealership. Enjoy that new one, that is if your right brain wins out on your decision.

Quick Reply: Feedback from Tri Glide owners