Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Feedback from Tri Glide owners

Old 02-04-2015, 09:52 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RAP
First...Welcome to the forum. Second...I do not think there is any difference between the 14s and 15s. But, and this is just me, I would ride it stock for awhile to see how you like the power that the Rushmore bikes have now. There is no way I, and this is just me again, would take a brand new engine and tear it apart before it left the dealership. Enjoy that new one, that is if your right brain wins out on your decision.
I have to agree on all of RAP's thoughts & also if you don't want to worry about possible warranty issues. You can make changes as ride it some.
Just my thoughts too...

Old 02-05-2015, 04:10 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the TGs come with bigger cams from the factory , like 255s , a base stage 2 , that is why it says 103 , high output on the breather , if you have not been on a bike in 20 years , try it as is , bet you wind up with bugs in your teeth from smiling , good luck , post pics when you get it home

Old 02-07-2015, 07:35 PM
BK1721
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question....are the new 2015 TG's as hot as the older ones. Do you guys see improvements in the new bikes or are they the same oven as generations past? If so what are some ways to increase performance and reduce heat. I'd like some imput from you guys before I start working on it. Gutting head pipes...cams...slip ons...etc. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2015, 11:50 AM
longtallgma
Stage IV

I am glad I am reading all of this before investing my hard earned dollars into a TG. The 2015 Freewheeler runs extremely hot. So I am wondering about the last 5 years TG models. Anyone out there with the newest models able to address the heat issue or have info ....are they better or not? Do heat shields work? I have people coming into my work saying they love, love, love their trike.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:25 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by longtallgma
I am glad I am reading all of this before investing my hard earned dollars into a TG. The 2015 Freewheeler runs extremely hot. So I am wondering about the last 5 years TG models. Anyone out there with the newest models able to address the heat issue or have info ....are they better or not? Do heat shields work? I have people coming into my work saying they love, love, love their trike.
well the head pipe on mine was very hot due to the catalytic convertor in it but changed to a factory decated head pipe and put my V&H twin slash rounds on it and now love it , kind of normal to change the exhaust to make it a Harley anyway

Old 02-09-2015, 11:22 AM
longtallgma
Stage IV

Does the heat shields do much good keeping the heat off your leg if you have used them? There is a company that makes thick leather ones. Do you you think they would work better than the plastic shields? Seems like it wouldn't transfer as much heat.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Titanium DEI

I just wrapped my pipes with this wrap let everyone know how it turns out as soon as I get to test it. I have a laser beam thermometer I have a base line written back cylinder by leg was running 195 to 180 depending on speed at time of stop. We will see it may be a while 2" of ice on driveway Wrap people say I will see a big difference we will see. I replaced the chrome shields back on top of the wrap looks good. ride safely fearless

Old 02-11-2015, 05:10 PM
SaberOne
Stage II

Originally Posted by RiverB
You only live once.

I'd say skip the mods, as if you've been away that long current stock performance will surprise you. But, if putting the mods into the financing package makes sense for you personally, go for 'em.
After a few more days of pondering and scouting around the Phoenix valley at more dealerships, I've decided to look for better financing than what H-D offered. Besides, I want a black unit and they're hard to find for some reason.

BTW, The factory 'performance cam' if installed as part of the purchase, would be covered as though it came from the factory and fully warranted. In fact, I was offered an additional extended factory warranty at a discount to sweeten the deal. Even so, I'll likely forego that mod as recommended by folks here on the forum. I for sure want to add a few things' but I'm already cooling off on the wish list.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:37 PM
timeaster
Stage I

my name is Tim and my 09 trike has had more problems than anything that I have ever purchased. I don't need to list them I'll just say EVERYTHING that anyone else has listed + a few. I didn't have a reverse for the first 2 years they would just reset the breaker and say that it was fine DU! I told them that the fact that I had to remove the seat every other time that I needed to back up is a sure sign that it is NOT fine. thank god it finally died and I got a new motor WOOHOO! now if I could keep the headlight and front turn indicator lights working I could live in peace but that's a full time job. enough crying for now I guess Tim

Old 08-12-2015, 09:07 PM
SBFD8
Cruiser
Default Trike conversion instead of new questions

Hello, I have Back issues and knee issues which has forced me to retire, so I have a 2007 Ultra Classic Fire Fighter ed. I am thinking about having Lehmans convert my bike into a trike instead of buying a new trike. After seeing all the issues with the trikes I went thru enough issues with my 2007 when I first bought it seems to be almost the same as the trike's have Pinging, heat, etc. but I finally fixed those issues for the most part. I really like my bike but I think a trike would be much easier for me plus I don't want to buy all that chrome again.
Any thoughts on the idea pro's or cons?

Thanks for any input
Al

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feedback from Tri Glide owners