Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Feedback from Tri Glide owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

A few years ago was thinking of doing just what you are for the same reasons. After pricing out everything I could think and doing the conversion myself the difference between a new trike and the converted one was about $5,000. I would ended up with an 05 converted trike with 50,000 miles. Decided to go with new and have warranty. Have a 14 with 14,000 miles and no problems so far. Radio does take some to learn how to use it.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:01 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by SBFD8
Hello, I have Back issues and knee issues which has forced me to retire, so I have a 2007 Ultra Classic Fire Fighter ed. I am thinking about having Lehmans convert my bike into a trike instead of buying a new trike. After seeing all the issues with the trikes I went thru enough issues with my 2007 when I first bought it seems to be almost the same as the trike's have Pinging, heat, etc. but I finally fixed those issues for the most part. I really like my bike but I think a trike would be much easier for me plus I don't want to buy all that chrome again.
Any thoughts on the idea pro's or cons?

Thanks for any input
Al
If you do decide to trike your current bike, check out Hannigan. They have a new Transformer that is absolutely beautiful. http://www.hannigantrikes.com/produc...n-transformer/

Old 08-30-2015, 01:04 PM
marty442
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just traded my 07 Deluxe on a new red 2015 TG

This was a tough decision. After spending years and lots of $ getting my Deluxe perfect, I gave in to some leg & balance issues and bought a new red 2015 TG from HD in Sanford, Fl. I test rode one 7 months ago and hated it. It seemed like too much work and didn't have the fun factor of leaning into curves at 70 mph. But after 2 weeks of driving the trike, the fun factor is starting to come back. I'm currently waiting on some KW 2+2 wide bars to be installed. I'm only 5'7" and can't even lean into my backrest with the stock bars. I'm hoping the new bars let me lean back like on my Deluxe. After that I'll probably start looking into replacing the exhaust so the bike sounds like an HD again. Any suggestions are welcome. I was pleasantly surprised by the stock engine but it's still a far cry from my 103 Deluxe with 2 into 1 Fatcat and Woods cam (109 ft lb). I'm following all the recommended mods and putting the rear bumper guard and comfort lift kit on my Xmas list. Let the spending commence. Guess I'll need to change my sig pic.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:31 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts

Here is what the bars look like you have coming

right side

left side

one of the best things I have done for comfort

Old 09-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Montamayor
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh... and I was about to buy one.....

Old 09-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Triglide44
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 Triglide. The upper front motor mount bolt has sheared off twice in the head. Anyone had this problem before?

Old 09-18-2015, 03:57 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Triglide44
I have a 2009 Triglide. The upper front motor mount bolt has sheared off twice in the head. Anyone had this problem before?
Usually they break after they have been loose for awhile. You might have to keep tabs on it and tighten occasionally.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:20 PM
sarge205
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default happy with my tri glide

well here is a update. I purchased this 2014 tri glide new in march of 2014. since the I have put just over 32,000.00 miles on it. Its been to Sturgis 2 times, up and down the all over the Pacific Northwest. My riding club is pretty active and we try to ride every Saturday to breakfast or lunch, year round as weather allows. I have done a few mods, nothing drastic just trying to make it mine. aftermarket mufflers, aftermarket intake, vision tuner, lift kit and a tourpak relocation kit. The Wife and I love it and other than a few minor glitches it has been trouble free. We find it to be comfortable and fun to ride. At first I thought it might resent losing my streetglide to get the tri glide, not so far!

Old 11-25-2015, 05:56 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by sarge205
well here is a update. I purchased this 2014 tri glide new in march of 2014. since the I have put just over 32,000.00 miles on it. Its been to Sturgis 2 times, up and down the all over the Pacific Northwest. My riding club is pretty active and we try to ride every Saturday to breakfast or lunch, year round as weather allows. I have done a few mods, nothing drastic just trying to make it mine. aftermarket mufflers, aftermarket intake, vision tuner, lift kit and a tourpak relocation kit. The Wife and I love it and other than a few minor glitches it has been trouble free. We find it to be comfortable and fun to ride. At first I thought it might resent losing my streetglide to get the tri glide, not so far!
Great to hear you're enjoying it, and making some good memories!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Fozworth
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Great to hear you're enjoying it, and making some good memories!
Hello all! I'm new here and have been enjoying seeing what you Tri-Glide owners have to say. I have to admit I'm a little discouraged by the negative comments I've seen.

Negative comments have been everything from Harley will soon be involved in a class action lawsuit over the "plastic" cam tensioners to the Engine not lasting over 50,000 miles due to excessive heat.

With all that said, it seems most are ok with their Tri-Glides from 2014 to current. I would like to think the 2013 model would be a safe buy due to being less costly.

Is the 2016 model light years ahead of previous years as far as dependability and reliability?

Am I correct to stay with 2014 to 2016? Or, can I save a few bucks with the 2013 without buyers remorse.

Thanks!,

Brian

Quick Reply: Feedback from Tri Glide owners