Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Feedback from Tri Glide owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 05:55 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by oldprowler
The Sirius radio feature and the CB Radio feature are no longer standard with the 2016 model tri-glides. The modules for each feature are in the 5-600 dollar range. I do not know what year they ceased being standard equipment.
The module for Sirius radio Is 300.00 at boardtracker HD
the CB module Is 275.00 same place, easy to Install both Items and the trikes are pre wired for this Installation. For the CB you will need a few parts to complete the Installation, Antenna whip, PTT button, and the stud for tour pack for the antenna. Love my 2016 and I already have the Sirius and IMO worth every penny. CB Is next.

Originally Posted by Fozworth
My wife and I are still loving our 2016 Tri-Glide Gotta say, I'm really surprised how weak the trike is in 6th gear against a 20 to 30 mph wind. It's not a problem to downshift but I wasn't ready to see the trike lose to the wind at 65mph.

Am I still happy. YES

Am I surprised 6th gear is weak?
I have not experienced this, my 16 has more power then my 14 FLHTK, I usually don't hit 6th gear until I'm going at least 80, 5th Is plenty and will get me to 80 with no Issues.

A few mods helped, I had the dealer remove my mufflers, AC from my trade In,and he gave me a stage 1 D/L as part of the deal, sounds and runs sweet.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:39 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Yup, Street Cannon's, CAI of one's choice along with a stage 1 download allow the trike to breath and run so much better. Can the trike be left bone stock ? Sure. Will the engine run to its full potential? Nope ........... Ymmv

Old 07-19-2016, 04:28 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Yup, Street Cannon's, CAI of one's choice along with a stage 1 download allow the trike to breath and run so much better. Can the trike be left bone stock ? Sure. Will the engine run to its full potential? Nope ........... Ymmv
the stage 1 download worth the time and $ ? , have only changed my mufflers and put on a decated head pipe

Old 07-19-2016, 06:17 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Pulling the cat prolly leans thing out more so than a stock system. I would spend the money just to have the fuel mixture richened to be on the safe side. It cannot hurt !

Old 07-19-2016, 07:58 PM
rhino 2
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts

[QUOTE=1st 96 ultra;15338787]the stage 1 download worth the time and $ ? ,QUOTE]

Worth every penny, On my 2011 Tri...With the EMC calibration
[6200 RPM Red line.]

Old 07-20-2016, 06:24 PM
Pappy51
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pulling the cat prolly leans thing out more so than a stock system. I would spend the money just to have the fuel mixture richened to be on the safe side. It cannot hurt !
Pulled the cat and added vance and hines slip ons along with the stage 1 download. Made a big difference.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:04 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Pappy, that I agree will. The tune is the key. That is necessary w/o question.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:06 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did put Xieds on it at the same time , bike runs strong , will lift the front wheel and sounds great ,running right at 40mpg , but all ways looking for better with out spending more than the bike cost

Last edited by 1st 96 ultra; 07-21-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Fireball68
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I have to chime in. I normally sit back and learn with all the new stuff. We went to Sturgis for first time this year and I had traded in my 13 Ultra for a 16 Tri Glide before we left. I had 48 miles on it when we left to Sturgis and now have 454 miles on it. We both enjoyed the ride much better even in stock configuration but I will say it sits a little low and tends to scrape the pipe a little (our combined weight is about 500 lbs). Then I went an had S&S header and mufflers (4.5") put on with a tune while we were there. Enjoyed the hell out of that, sound and power. We love this thing for the 2 of us, I still have a 04 Road Star when I want to go out alone but I may opt to take trike alone as much as I like it. I have ordered the little lift kit and will be looking into onboard air set up for shocks, any suggestions appreciated.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:02 AM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireball68
OK, I have to chime in. I normally sit back and learn with all the new stuff. We went to Sturgis for first time this year and I had traded in my 13 Ultra for a 16 Tri Glide before we left. I had 48 miles on it when we left to Sturgis and now have 454 miles on it. We both enjoyed the ride much better even in stock configuration but I will say it sits a little low and tends to scrape the pipe a little (our combined weight is about 500 lbs). Then I went an had S&S header and mufflers (4.5") put on with a tune while we were there. Enjoyed the hell out of that, sound and power. We love this thing for the 2 of us, I still have a 04 Road Star when I want to go out alone but I may opt to take trike alone as much as I like it. I have ordered the little lift kit and will be looking into onboard air set up for shocks, any suggestions appreciated.
Congrats on your new ride! Trikes are the New Cool and you see more and more of them on the road,each day. Installing a lift kit will offer a noticeable improvement in ride & steering quality. If you would like to have total fingertip control and adjustability of your rear air shocks,we offer a couple of options to help you do so. Any questions,just call or drop us a line.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Air-Ride_c165.htm

Clint

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: Feedback from Tri Glide owners