Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Trike Lift or Jack

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:22 AM
agntjim
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trike Lift or Jack

Ideas, thoughts, reviews regarding lifts and or jacks you use for personal use in your garage? A jac will give me access to removing wheels, but of course lift is much more stable. Anyone using a Pitbull jack? (they show trikes on their lifts) How stable? Recommendations, thoughts, ideas all appreciated - jack or lift??

Happy Thanksgiving To All !!

ps 18 degrees tomorrow here in Chicago area

Old 11-25-2010, 07:49 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by agntjim
Ideas, thoughts, reviews regarding lifts and or jacks you use for personal use in your garage? A jac will give me access to removing wheels, but of course lift is much more stable. Anyone using a Pitbull jack? (they show trikes on their lifts) How stable? Recommendations, thoughts, ideas all appreciated - jack or lift??

Happy Thanksgiving To All !!

ps 18 degrees tomorrow here in Chicago area
I tried to use the Pitbull lift I have and it didn't work so well. I looked at the picture they have on their site and it looks like they put a plate or something on top of the rear lift arm. Last winter I installed cams in mine and my dads Triglides and worked off the floor, this winter my dad took pity on me and got us a Handy table lift..... Much nicer.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:26 AM
agntjim
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

msocko3 - nice, very nice set-up. Would dad like to adopt me? Little more than I wanted to spend, but maybe there is a Santa Claus! I see how you used to take rear tires off, great idea, simple, easy. Hey, I finally got the Fuel Moto head pipes you suggested to me a while back and will be installing over the down winter months. Thanks for the info, especially regarding the Pitbull, kept wondering how that would work!

Old 11-25-2010, 08:26 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lift

It seems the older I get the farther from that cold concrete I can get the better. I tend to work off a stool more when I can...The lift for most jobs I think is the best way to go...

Old 11-25-2010, 10:46 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
It seems the older I get the farther from that cold concrete I can get the better. I tend to work off a stool more when I can...The lift for most jobs I think is the best way to go...
Coupe, you just need to add more layers of cardboard down

Old 11-25-2010, 02:07 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by icebite1
Coupe, you just need to add more layers of cardboard down
I think thats what the rebels use to block the drafts from coming in the windows with during the winter months.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:08 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by agntjim
Hey, I finally got the Fuel Moto head pipes you suggested to me a while back and will be installing over the down winter months. Thanks for the info, especially regarding the Pitbull, kept wondering how that would work!
Your going to like the head pipe, best mod I've made to date.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:31 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Cold Mountain

Originally Posted by msocko3
I think thats what the rebels use to block the drafts from coming in the windows with during the winter months.

That would be the case if I bought your lift, you know I can't afford one of them danged Yankee contraptions..

I wish I was not to old to adopt, I would like to get one of em for Christmas!

Old 11-25-2010, 06:49 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
That would be the case if I bought your lift, you know I can't afford one of them danged Yankee contraptions..

I wish I was not to old to adopt, I would like to get one of em for Christmas!
You are not to old to adopt. What is your address. Keep a watchful eye out looking for the freight delivery truck.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:06 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Default Geographically Challanged

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
You are not to old to adopt. What is your address. Keep a watchful eye out looking for the freight delivery truck.
You mean freight mule, I live so far back in the hills they have to pump in sunshine!

Just bring it to Maggie Valley, I think the ol freight mule has COPD, might kill him draggin it up the hollow!

Quick Reply: Trike Lift or Jack