Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Fork mounted wind deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 05:46 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Yea

I'm not trying to complicate your topic. But I thought I wanted a set of deflectors for my Tri Glide for the same reason you stated. I had em on my Road King and I really liked them. But didn't find any right off to fit 2014 Tri Glied so I read that the tank lift helps with that type of wind between the fairing and tank to face. I put on the 1.5 lift and I really think it does help. It kinda makes sense that the tank lifted will block some of that air moving it else where? So that's my story and I have only put about 200 miles on trike with the tank lift and testing is still underway.

Hap

Old 04-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by hapbob
I'm not trying to complicate your topic. But I thought I wanted a set of deflectors for my Tri Glide for the same reason you stated. I had em on my Road King and I really liked them. But didn't find any right off to fit 2014 Tri Glied so I read that the tank lift helps with that type of wind between the fairing and tank to face. I put on the 1.5 lift and I really think it does help. It kinda makes sense that the tank lifted will block some of that air moving it else where? So that's my story and I have only put about 200 miles on trike with the tank lift and testing is still underway.

Hap
I also run with a 1 1/2 inch tank lift, along with the baffle that was mentioned in my previous post. With both of those mods there is still going to be some air flow. I even have tried but did not like vented windshield... I have a 2013 so pre fairing vent. With the vented windshield it helped more than any of the other mods, but was FUGLY, and was on a tall windshield I no longer use. Bottom line is your riding a Harley. There is wind in your face, although you can improve so it does not blow your beard into your nose (my problem) you can shave, wax beard, or let it tickle your nose I prefer to have some wind in my face. Kind of like the dog with his head out the window.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Here is a thought, for the bucks you paid for your MOTORCYCLE you can buy 3 Toyotas. Roll up the windows, take off 1 of the front tires and TA-DAAAAA no wind in the face.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:35 PM
harleygeezer
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scooty
Does anybody know if there are any fork mounted wind deflectors available for either the Tri Glide or the Road Glide trike with the billet tirn signals ? ? ? I did a search and read lots of posts but came up empty.

Here you go.

http://www.jescustomaccents.com/cate...?categoryId=34

Old 04-13-2015, 08:37 PM
lstinker
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wind defectors

Hi I got mine at http://street-glide.com I didn't like how long they were so I bought a pair in raw metal cut them off to my liking, had them power coated. I also bought the baffle I now ride at 70 mph and no wind. If I still smoked I could almost light a cigarette

Old 12-31-2015, 11:36 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by scooty
Does anybody know if there are any fork mounted wind deflectors available for either the Tri Glide or the Road Glide trike with the billet tirn signals ? ? ? I did a search and read lots of posts but came up empty.
JES Custom has some that are in the final testing stage.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:42 AM
harleygeezer
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fork mounted wind deflectors

I bought a set from jescustoms in May 2015 for my 2014 triglide and they work great.

Attached Thumbnails Fork mounted wind deflectors-fb_img_1445443904097.jpg  

Last edited by harleygeezer; 01-01-2016 at 11:44 AM.