Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

pitted wheel up-date

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:06 PM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up pitted wheel up-date

Heard from the dealer yesterday and Harley has no problem replacing the stock wheels with the chrome version as long as I pay the difference which is fair enough. Also I have only ridden this bike 159 miles as the weather in Minnesota is still rotten but I am completely impressed this bike it is way more than I expected, the safety factor of the Tri Glide allows you to enjoy the ride much more as you don't have to concentrate the fact that you are on two wheels. Everybody on this TG page has been great with suggestions and answering questions, lots of valuable information that even dealers don't know or don't want to know. THANKS AGAIN ! ! !

Old 05-13-2011, 03:57 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on this forum.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooty
Heard from the dealer yesterday and Harley has no problem replacing the stock wheels with the chrome version as long as I pay the difference which is fair enough. Also I have only ridden this bike 159 miles as the weather in Minnesota is still rotten but I am completely impressed this bike it is way more than I expected, the safety factor of the Tri Glide allows you to enjoy the ride much more as you don't have to concentrate the fact that you are on two wheels. Everybody on this TG page has been great with suggestions and answering questions, lots of valuable information that even dealers don't know or don't want to know. THANKS AGAIN ! ! !
Glad you have finally found some resolution. When do they expect to do the replacement on your trike? When I swapped my rear wheels out, I discovered that my HD dealer could not mount or balance the 15" rears. Went to an Indy here with a center post lift and had my rears removed. Then off to my friends Goodyear store for mounting and balancing. Then back to the Indy for the re-install.

Bothers me a bit that I have wheel and tire coverage and my local HD dealer can not change a rear tire.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:37 AM
scooty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default wheels

I have the same concerns about having a dealer swap these wheels, however he did tell me that they bought a new no touch tire machine but I still am not sure about this. I would almost rather do what I have always done and that is do it with my local tire shop. They said that the wheels will be in either Tuesday or Friday so it won't be long if all goes smoothly.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooty
I have the same concerns about having a dealer swap these wheels, however he did tell me that they bought a new no touch tire machine but I still am not sure about this. I would almost rather do what I have always done and that is do it with my local tire shop. They said that the wheels will be in either Tuesday or Friday so it won't be long if all goes smoothly.
JMO,
But is the HD dealer going to take care of the labor for free, or will you have to pay them?? If the dealer is doing the install at N/C, then no sense spending your money at the local tire shop. Otherwise I agree with the way you want to handle the exchange. Keep us posted.