Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide problems

Old 11-19-2011, 10:50 AM
azwiz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri Glide problems

I am thinking about buying a 2012 Tri Glide, but I have seen alot of Tri Glides for sale and wondering why so many people are trying to get rid of them. Is there some reason for that? Is there something I should be aware of? Is it the solid axle or whats the major problem?

Thanks
Steve

Old 11-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Really? Don't see many around here for sale, new or used...

I did trade mine in for a new SG, but that because of a shoulder issue and 2 wheels was better for me...

Do a search in the motorcycles for sale, not any TG's there....using your analogy, would all the ultras, road kings, street glides for sale, problems with them? No, just changes in lives, jobs, etc....

Would not be afraid of a used TG.....

All the Harleys have warts or issues...heat mostly. But that's an easy fix...

Old 11-19-2011, 03:39 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

+1 what Casper said, plus just be sure you are sure of the reasons why you want a Triglide. I always thought trikes were cool, but never had time to cut up a VW. Too chicken to convert a 2-wheeler, so the TG, built from the ground up, was a perfect opportunity for me. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:09 PM
azwiz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Casper
Really? Don't see many around here for sale, new or used...

I did trade mine in for a new SG, but that because of a shoulder issue and 2 wheels was better for me...

Do a search in the motorcycles for sale, not any TG's there....using your analogy, would all the ultras, road kings, street glides for sale, problems with them? No, just changes in lives, jobs, etc....

Would not be afraid of a used TG.....

All the Harleys have warts or issues...heat mostly. But that's an easy fix...

I have owned Harleys for more than 40 years, and there is always something with any bike, but on Cycletrader.com alone there is 190 Tri Glides for sale (says something) don't know what but thats alot of one model
Oh,and whats the heat problem & fix

thanks
Steve

Old 11-19-2011, 04:16 PM
azwiz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheBobs
+1 what Casper said, plus just be sure you are sure of the reasons why you want a Triglide. I always thought trikes were cool, but never had time to cut up a VW. Too chicken to convert a 2-wheeler, so the TG, built from the ground up, was a perfect opportunity for me. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

well one reason is my age and stability riding 2 up, I just sold a 2010 Goldwing with 3000 miles because of foot position. like a sport bike,feet behind knees, very uncomfortable for me. like I said, I'm used to riding a Harley with feet out in front of my knees

thanks for your input

Steve

Old 11-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by azwiz
well one reason is my age and stability riding 2 up, I just sold a 2010 Goldwing with 3000 miles because of foot position. like a sport bike,feet behind knees, very uncomfortable for me. like I said, I'm used to riding a Harley with feet out in front of my knees

thanks for your input

Steve
Had 4 wings, 2 GW trikes but sold them for the same reasons as you...hated the foot position...
Are the TG's on cycle trader new ones, from dealers? Just wondering....

Old 11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
azwiz
Intermediate

Had 4 wings, 2 GW trikes but sold them for the same reasons as you...hated the foot position...
Are the TG's on cycle trader new ones, from dealers? Just wondering....
both new and used some from dealers, so if they (TG's) are so popular & in such demand, why do dealers need to spend money to advertise on cycle trader and e bay?

Old 11-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by azwiz
both new and used some from dealers, so if they (TG's) are so popular & in such demand, why do dealers need to spend money to advertise on cycle trader and e bay?
Beats me? Bigger market? Winter time?

Old 11-19-2011, 08:50 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I have 3 dealers within 40 miles of me and none of them can keep a TG on the floor. Go figure?

Old 11-19-2011, 08:56 PM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Beats me? Bigger market? Winter time?
Winter time might have a lot to do with it. I've been to a dozen dealers in Az/Ca in the past two weeks, and they tell me they can't keep 'em on the floor.

I sure love the 2011 we just got. It won't be showing up in any trader pages! lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tri Glide problems