Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

96' to 103" to 107"

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 07:06 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 96' to 103" to 107"

Getting ready to do the Fuelmoto 107" build on wifes TG. Was going to have head work done anyhow so decided to add a little more.
Im putting the 103" jugs and pistons from the TG on my 96" FatBob, almost a free upgrade, and sending the 96" jugs in for the 107" build.
Also having the Fuelmoto "A" head work with man. releases added for the 103" and the "B" job done for the 107 build (they already have the auto releases).
The cams and other mods have already been done on both bikes as you can see in my sig.
Look forward to any comments on these builds , especially if you see something I may have missed.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icebite1
Getting ready to do the Fuelmoto 107" build on wifes TG. Was going to have head work done anyhow so decided to add a little more.
Im putting the 103" jugs and pistons from the TG on my 96" FatBob, almost a free upgrade, and sending the 96" jugs in for the 107" build.
Also having the Fuelmoto "A" head work with man. releases added for the 103" and the "B" job done for the 107 build (they already have the auto releases).
The cams and other mods have already been done on both bikes as you can see in my sig.
Look forward to any comments on these builds , especially if you see something I may have missed.
Ice,
Sounds awesome for both bikes. Please keep us all updated on the performance.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Jimaroo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head gasket thickness

You might want to ask Jamie about using a thicker head gasket than what comes in the 107 kit. He used a thicker one on mine (although I only had the "A" head work done with my 107 kit) because of the extra weight of the trike and to make sure I wouldn't have any pinging if I had cheap or low octane gas or hit high altitudes. I do a lot of cross-country riding. That may or may not be for you, too.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:03 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimaroo
You might want to ask Jamie about using a thicker head gasket than what comes in the 107 kit. He used a thicker one on mine (although I only had the "A" head work done with my 107 kit) because of the extra weight of the trike and to make sure I wouldn't have any pinging if I had cheap or low octane gas or hit high altitudes. I do a lot of cross-country riding. That may or may not be for you, too.
Good point, if you set the compression to high for a heavy trike your tune and fuel quality will become much more critical. Sounds like Icebite will have a couple fine running machines once he finishes building and tuning them.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior

I asked about the compression when i put the package together but will double check about it befor i send the jugs, TBs, and heads in ( probably in a couple weeks). Possiably with the "B" work it will be OK. I forgot to mention im having the throttle bodies polished also. The main goal was to get a bit more HP/Tq without getting too crazy, also the 103" upgrade to BOB was a bonus.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:24 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

I asked about the compression when i put the package together but will double check about it befor i send the jugs, TBs, and heads in ( probably in a couple weeks). Possiably with the "B" work it will be OK. I forgot to mention im having the throttle bodies polished also. The main goal was to get a bit more HP/Tq without getting too crazy, also the 103" upgrade to BOB was a bonus.
Sounds to me like you going to have some nice running machines.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:34 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior

It has begun. Took about 2 hrs to tear tubby down, It will take a lot longer to put it back together. The parts have been shipped for rework so now is a good tome to pull the wheels and adj. the belt and other misc. maint thingys. Also have fender rails to install and new bags so i will be busy till the parts come back.

Attached Thumbnails 96' to 103" to 107"-img_0528.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 12:21 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

It has begun. Took about 2 hrs to tear tubby down, It will take a lot longer to put it back together. The parts have been shipped for rework so now is a good tome to pull the wheels and adj. the belt and other misc. maint thingys. Also have fender rails to install and new bags so i will be busy till the parts come back.
I see you leave the exhaust on when you tear one down, never thought about that just always removed it. I'm getting closer on having my 06 Ultra 120 build complete, might get it fired up next weekend if all goes well.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:22 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by msocko3
I see you leave the exhaust on when you tear one down, never thought about that just always removed it. I'm getting closer on having my 06 Ultra 120 build complete, might get it fired up next weekend if all goes well.
Removing the exhaust is one of my least favorite things to do. I didnt have to get into the cam chest this time as the cams and such had already been done. The jugs came off just fine with just a little wiggle of the exhaust.

You are going to have that 120" done and nowhere to ride.

Last edited by icebite1; 02-05-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Right on. Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck with the build. I am sure all your effort will be worthwhile the first time you twist your wrist.

Quick Reply: 96' to 103" to 107"