Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Lift Kit

Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,201 Likes on 11,127 Posts
Default Tri-Glide Lift Kit

I have seen several recommendations to add a "Lift Kit" to my new tri-glide. Sorry for the naive questions...but:
- Does this lift the rear end?
- If so, how much?
- I can understand reducing pipe scratching which is not a problem for me, but folks have mentioned that it helps handling. Does it really help handling, and if so how? Wouldn't it handle in the corners better with a lower profile???

I have a lot to learn, but am having fun doing it. For now, I am just confused...

Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 PM
sprinkman
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have not scraped you are very luckey. I installed them on mine and they do help the cornering and the ride or so it seems to me. And everyone that has installed them I have not heard of anyone taking them back off so they must help.

sprinkman

Old 05-18-2012, 06:45 PM
krw
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It helped with my scraping. Pretty easy mod. Handling seems about the same for me.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 PM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I have seen several recommendations to add a "Lift Kit" to my new tri-glide. Sorry for the naive questions...but:
- If so, how much?
- I can understand reducing pipe scratching which is not a problem for me, but folks have mentioned that it helps handling. Does it really help handling, and if so how? Wouldn't it handle in the corners better with a lower profile???

I have a lot to learn, but am having fun doing it. For now, I am just confused...
You're right, it's completely counter-intuitive.

Someone posted last week that it definitely made his trike easier to lift a rear wheel when cornering.

I know a lot of guys say it helps handling but I have to wonder if maybe they're talking about ease of steering or something else. There is just no way that raising a vehicle, any vehicle I can think of is going to make it handle better. It's like saying I increased my fuel mileage by adding weight.

I just don't see how it could be.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
TexasRog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a lift would be a good idea. Then you could let some air out of shocks and have a softer ride. I have a cycle trailer and cannot get it out without scrapping mufflers. Luckily its in my garage...in trailer on concrete so haven't ruined anything yet. I have the front end of trailer as high as it will go too.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:37 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Adding the lift kit is money well spent. I was able to lower my shock pressure which made a more comfortable ride for my bride. The lift brackets I installed were the 1.25". It raised the rear 1.25". I no longer scrape my mufflers and the steering appears to be a little quicker.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:17 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got a set the first lift brackets from Dennis , tglide stuff now, and have had only positive results. There are a lot of posts about them if you do a search, probably too many to read but lots of good feedback, and i can only remember one person removing them because he felt it made the steering too quick.
They are not an exspensive mod and fairly easy to install, if you dont like them im sure they would be easy to sell.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:13 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best mod to date on my 2011 Triglide.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 AM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
- If so, how much?

...if you have not scraped yet....you have not ridden much !!!!....it is only a matter of time....i installed the lift kit on my t/g...it is the only mod i have performed ... and i like the lift, the look and the handling ......if you dont have the books yet....get a H/D service and parts manual....they are a great help and this job is not hard.....try it you will like it.!!!!

Old 05-19-2012, 04:52 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Ditto what the rest of the folks said, best money I ever spent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Lift Kit