Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Harley Outsourcing their call center

Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Outsourcing their call center

Getting Harley to honor user requests and warranty issues is tough enough now. Wonder if we will ever get any satisfaction when they outsource their call center to an India company. http://www.zdnet.com/harley-davidson...50-7000001566/

Old 07-29-2012, 02:50 PM
lboos
Advanced

I don't mean to sound to simple, but how is this going to cause a problem with your warranty issues ? Your still going to take it to your lcl. dealer for warranty work, right ?
Maybe Im missing something, could you tell us more ?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:21 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by lboos
I don't mean to sound to simple, but how is this going to cause a problem with your warranty issues ? Your still going to take it to your lcl. dealer for warranty work, right ?
If they go to an India outsource for customer service, the only difference will be you will have to ask a couple times to make sure what they said. Here in the US you can under stand NO!, NO WARRANTY IF YOU DO THAT! A MOTORCYCLE WAS NEVER DESIGNED FOR THAT! & THAT IS WITHIN SPECIFICATION, or THAT IS NORMAL....... all quite well.
They will have the same copy of the answer book to read your answer to you from ! You just won't understand it as well! And you may have to explain what a clutch or brake rotor is....

Old 07-29-2012, 03:31 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Customer service is what you get before you buy something, after that, good luck. Have you ridden on an airline lately, you talk about punishing the customer, Jeeez.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:55 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So far my experence with The HD Customer Call Service was just the first step in the denial/brush off process. Maybe they at least will be more polite from India

Old 07-29-2012, 06:09 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dawg
Getting Harley to honor user requests and warranty issues is tough enough now. Wonder if we will ever get any satisfaction when they outsource their call center to an India company. http://www.zdnet.com/harley-davidson...50-7000001566/
Did you read the article in full? Do you want to make a point or are you trolling?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer

Originally Posted by checkers
Did you read the article in full? Do you want to make a point or are you trolling?
Don't be a wise guy. Your higher posting count, which is more than mine does NOT make you an astute reader by any means. I read the article in full and also have had experience with the existing Harley call center. The point is that getting satisfaction from Harley owned employees is difficult enough. Going through another contracted party is going to be worse. I have found that people call others a troll when they have nothing constructive to add to a point made and are probably a troll themself. Others reading the article got my point. I made my point. You need to learn to read and comprehend.

Last edited by Diesel-Dawg; 07-29-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer

Originally Posted by lboos
Often the dealer will say there is nothing he can do and refer you directly to Harley for resolution. I have had that happen once. My dealings with India call center reps in the name of an American company suck as Dell computers, McAfee Security, and some others has been terrible. I am simply thinking this is going to be the same.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
lboos
Advanced

Im new here, I have own'ed M/C's most of my adult life, I have not been on one in 15-20 years, now that I have retired and have the time and money I want a new Harley tri-glide [on my bucket list] but the more I come to this forum and read all the neg. comments about Harley Davidson the more I wonder what the hell am I thinking about a Harley for ???
I have been to my lcl. Harley dealer and talked to them about the 2013 tri-glied which will be on the floor at the end of aug. their going to call me when they get them, I had hope's of buying one, Now I dont know. It sounds like some of you would not do it agin if you had the chance, maybe I should just forget that part of my bucket list and stick with my 72 VW bug....Just sick.

Last edited by lboos; 07-29-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 AM
burgies08ultra
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u should only buy a harley if u like to tinker with it and like the way it can sound with addl money spent...lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley Outsourcing their call center