Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Triglide lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Triglide lift

Got the lift on the wife's bike and went for a ride. Seems to me that the handling is better, and it certainly looks better. It is also going to save wear and tear on the Rinehart tips.

I haven't ridden the tri enough to be a judge of the handling difference, so the final analysis will rest with the wife. Right now it is 22* and I am the only one stupid enough to go out and try it. Wife said she will check it out when it warms up a littl.

Bill

Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by billnourse
Got the lift on the wife's bike and went for a ride. Seems to me that the handling is better, and it certainly looks better. It is also going to save wear and tear on the Rinehart tips.

I haven't ridden the tri enough to be a judge of the handling difference, so the final analysis will rest with the wife. Right now it is 22* and I am the only one stupid enough to go out and try it. Wife said she will check it out when it warms up a littl.

Bill
Can't say that I blame her. Happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 PM
iaff84
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by billnourse

Bill
She will like
Dennis

Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM
TimAT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bet she'll like it. After the lifts, I lowered the air in the shocks down to the minimum and the ride is way better. And still got the height to not drag the mufflers. Win-Win.
And 22* is a bit below my "I'm gonna' ride" cutoff point.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Rich B.
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love the appearance, handling and ground clearance improvements the TGS lift kit made to my trike and you would have to fight me to get it removed...IT IS THAT NICE. With that said, I cannot understand why HD, in all their infinite wisdom, has not made this change. Cost? Can't be...both parts are too similar. What is it then?

Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich B.
I love the appearance, handling and ground clearance improvements the TGS lift kit made to my trike and you would have to fight me to get it removed...IT IS THAT NICE. With that said, I cannot understand why HD, in all their infinite wisdom, has not made this change. Cost? Can't be...both parts are too similar. What is it then?
I know that if you ask HD customer service they will say its "working as designed". Go figure, huh.