Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Headlight bulb replacement

Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
usmc68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight bulb replacement

The cost of replacing the stock headlight with after market is so high.I was wanting to know if any one has just replaced stock headlighht bulb with the preformance bulb part #67074-02 it 's suppose to have a blue tint making it more visiable ?

Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM
j79phan
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usmc68
The cost of replacing the stock headlight with after market is so high.I was wanting to know if any one has just replaced stock headlighht bulb with the preformance bulb part #67074-02 it 's suppose to have a blue tint making it more visiable ?
This is a good read.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...e/bad/bad.html

Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM
usmc68
Cruiser
Exclamation

Originally Posted by j79phan
Very good read.
according to the descrition on the harly site the bulb is clear and has such a white lite it has a hint of blue . Iv'e seen the ones colored blue and they do cause a dangerous glare to oncoming traffic.I want people to see the bike coming in the daylight hours and this bulb may do the job.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:00 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Osram offroad.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc68
Very good read.
according to the descrition on the harly site the bulb is clear and has such a white lite it has a hint of blue . Iv'e seen the ones colored blue and they do cause a dangerous glare to oncoming traffic.I want people to see the bike coming in the daylight hours and this bulb may do the job.
Might work for that,,,,, but you still have to use them to drive at night . I for one can't see the road with those blue spectrum ("ultra white ") lights. You need to try one at night & make sure you can see !! The only reason they cause a glare to oncoming traffic, is because they have them on bright, or out of adjustment or both trying to see at night.
There is a bulb that is a lot brighter than stock, and that is the silver star bulb in the correct size for the Harley.
IMO

Last edited by sloufoot; 01-22-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 AM
sloufoot

Give this a try : Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

I guarantee they work at night, & you can be seen in the daylight. It is what I run.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
Give this a try : Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

I guarantee they work at night, & you can be seen in the daylight. It is what I run.

Personally other than the fact that it looks good, I think it sucks for functionality. Worst $200 I ever spent.

Removed it and sold it and put my stock HL back in with Silverstar Ultra bulb and matching Silverstar Ultra bulbs in the passing lamps. Better and brighter light pattern than the above.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

I have a Silverstar Ultra i think and it's been in the bike for 4 years, i like it it does god at night. I know i could get something brighter but the Cost are a bit high...if i do anything it will be the truk lite...

Old 01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
usmc68
Cruiser

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Personally other than the fact that it looks good, I think it sucks for functionality. Worst $200 I ever spent.

Removed it and sold it and put my stock HL back in with Silverstar Ultra bulb and matching Silverstar Ultra bulbs in the passing lamps. Better and brighter light pattern than the above.
So how do I find the Silverstar Ultra bulb part #'s for the headlight and passing lamps?Is there a web site or part store to go to and cross reference the bulbs?

Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
sloufoot

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

I have had nothing but great performance from this unit! The only problem I ever had was being able to get the projector beam to hit the road shorter than a mile down the road. Great light spread from the upper bulb so everything around me at the sides is lighted. The only time I can tell the passing lights are on is the light directly below them close to the lower fairings. They have the Silverstar Ultra bulbs in them.
The only thing I have against the Silverstar is the lifespan. They are bright, but short lived. I run them in my autos also.
I guess the two lights the light comes with at 120 watts (one is 55 watts, the 2nd is 65watts) both are used on high beam, must be dimmer than the 63watts the Silverstar puts out ??? I think that is what the package says, might be a few more, but not much. I don't have the blister pac anymore.
When the stock bulbs go out , I will put Silverstar in place of them, but I will still have two bulbs working not just one......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight bulb replacement