Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Led Tail Light Bulbs for 2012 Triglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:24 PM
menchhofer
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am i getting this right, harley part 69200042A will put enough of a load on the turn signal circuit to stop the hyper-flashing?

Old 04-13-2013, 05:01 PM
fogey47
Intermediate

I talked to a guy at Bright *** Lights , he said the extra load of having the turn signals in the tour pak would take care of it . My BAL-1R's are on the way . I'll let you know soon .----- fogey47

Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 PM
fogey47
Intermediate

Bright *** Lights are in Work great , turn signals too . I have the tour pak converter from Harley . ----fogey47

Old 04-16-2013, 09:09 AM
menchhofer
1st Gear

I hate to say this, but any one checking this thread for hyper-flashing on a tri glide, be sure to install both brightasslights before checking function. I didn't want to open the 2nd box incase there was a problem. I even installed the tour pak converter, and that didn't fix the hyper-flashing. After E-mail from BAL this morning, they said "both lights needed to be installed and bike running to check function, if hyper-flashing still present, then try the simple turn signal conversion for the tour pak, or add load equalizer to draw more current". After I installed 2nd BAL, I had no hyper-flashing, I unpluged the tour pak, and still no hyper-flashing, so guess I didn't need converson but I do like it.
I feel so stupid!

Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 PM
fogey47
Intermediate

It's still extra insurance to have turn signals in the tour pak I had those put in when I bought the trike . Glad to hear you're a set now . --- fogey47

Old 04-16-2013, 03:53 PM
menchhofer
1st Gear

All set, except tour box liner is raised slightly, because of wire going at angle from grommet to right rear tour pak bulb housing. Conduit bundle need to be 3 to 4 inches longer so it can lay in the trouth around inside bottom of tour pak. Pulled all cables tight and still too short. Called local Harley and they said that is a problem. Thinking of mounting under left bulb housing and switching wires. Going to sleep on it. Raining here in Indiana so I can't ride any way.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by menchhofer
All set, except tour box liner is raised slightly, because of wire going at angle from grommet to right rear tour pak bulb housing. Conduit bundle need to be 3 to 4 inches longer so it can lay in the trouth around inside bottom of tour pak. Pulled all cables tight and still too short. Called local Harley and they said that is a problem. Thinking of mounting under left bulb housing and switching wires. Going to sleep on it. Raining here in Indiana so I can't ride any way.
It is called a soldering iron, solder, wire, heat shrink tube. Then you can custom make it the length you need to go around to everything..........
I don't know why everyone has to buy ready made everything....

Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 AM
fogey47
Intermediate

He bought this converter from HD for his specific motorcycle . Why should he have to cut , solder or shrink to make it work properly ? ---- fogey47

Old 04-17-2013, 02:28 PM
n1njazx7
Intermediate

When you pay good money for stuff it should work, but never seems to. If you want nice stuff and want it to all work you best be ready to make it work. Just how things are these days.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:56 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the HD led tail light kit coming and it has its own load controller. I want to install custom dynamics led turn signals on the front so my question is : Will the load controller that comes with the HD led tail light kit work for the front leds from custom dynamics.

Quick Reply: Led Tail Light Bulbs for 2012 Triglide