Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2014 TriGlide

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:52 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

We have purchased the last 4 Harleys from Kelly (girl) Rice at Antelope Valley Harley. I won't buy a bike from anyone else. She rides, her husband rides. Kelly knows more about Harleys than any other sales person I've ever met. She has discounted the bikes (trikes) to the max of her capabilities, then went after the Sales Manager and Owner to get us some more bucks and goodies. On top of that, Kelly is just one hell of a nice human being.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:12 PM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
We have purchased the last 4 Harleys from Kelly (girl) Rice at Antelope Valley Harley. I won't buy a bike from anyone else. She rides, her husband rides. Kelly knows more about Harleys than any other sales person I've ever met. She has discounted the bikes (trikes) to the max of her capabilities, then went after the Sales Manager and Owner to get us some more bucks and goodies. On top of that, Kelly is just one hell of a nice human being.
....WOW...that is great to read......I have never heard of customer real happy with their salesperson..!!!!!...

Old 10-16-2013, 09:48 AM
elderberry99
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri Glide Ultra

Last October I purchased a 2013 Road King Standard, and have been loving it.
Going on a group ride with our HOG Chapter, the rider and his wife in front of me dropped their bike at a stop sign. The road had a bad dip in it and the rider's legs were a little short to ghandle the dip and over they went. His wife ended up with a bad fracture in her right arm and is still in healing process. That evening my wife and I had a very serious talk about trikes. I have not cared much for them only because you lose the "lean" when turning. Being 62, my knees are now feeling the age and damage of previous years of work.
My wife is worried that my knees may get bad enough that I will not be able to get my feet to the ground in time and end up laying the bike down with or without her on the back. She is very strong about me being safe and wants very much for me to get the trike. I recently had a nice chat with my sales rep at the local HD dealership. I will be changing over to the Mysterious red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo Trike in February. I need to get the finances in order first so I can pay cash for the trike. I can't stand payments. I am really looking forward to the switch. I will be honest and say I am a bit nervous about the change because I have been riding motorcycles since 1973, and all two wheelers.
I do have one question for the members here. I have the Harley Goodies floorboard extenders on my Road King right now and plan to remove them when I do the trade in. Will the extenders fit the new Trike, or do I need to purchase a year specific extender? The set on the Road King was the best add on I did and do not want to be without that comfort.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by elderberry99
Last October I purchased a 2013 Road King Standard, and have been loving it.
Going on a group ride with our HOG Chapter, the rider and his wife in front of me dropped their bike at a stop sign. The road had a bad dip in it and the rider's legs were a little short to ghandle the dip and over they went. His wife ended up with a bad fracture in her right arm and is still in healing process. That evening my wife and I had a very serious talk about trikes. I have not cared much for them only because you lose the "lean" when turning. Being 62, my knees are now feeling the age and damage of previous years of work.
My wife is worried that my knees may get bad enough that I will not be able to get my feet to the ground in time and end up laying the bike down with or without her on the back. She is very strong about me being safe and wants very much for me to get the trike. I recently had a nice chat with my sales rep at the local HD dealership. I will be changing over to the Mysterious red Sunglo/Blackened Cayenne Sunglo Trike in February. I need to get the finances in order first so I can pay cash for the trike. I can't stand payments. I am really looking forward to the switch. I will be honest and say I am a bit nervous about the change because I have been riding motorcycles since 1973, and all two wheelers.
I do have one question for the members here. I have the Harley Goodies floorboard extenders on my Road King right now and plan to remove them when I do the trade in. Will the extenders fit the new Trike, or do I need to purchase a year specific extender? The set on the Road King was the best add on I did and do not want to be without that comfort.
Congrats on the cross over to the wild side. You are absolutely going to love three wheels. You and I started to ride about the same time... me in 70. Others will chime in with 50 and 60's. Some will say this is their first bike experience. All will say they love their trike.

The 2014 has a parking brake on the left foot now. So, I'm not sure if the board extenders will work. There are a few guys that have the 14, maybe they will know for sure.

Always listen to wifey... happy wife, happy life.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
elderberry99
Tourer

The extenders I refer to only move the boards away from the bike, not forward or to rear. I just like the clearance away from the bike so my feet will fit flat on the boards. I do not like hugging the hot engine with my legs trying to keep my feet on the boards.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Yes.. have had several sets but since the floorboard parking brake has a line attached to it I'm just not sure it will extend out another inch. This is why I say it may not work.

The 14 guys will know for sure or can take a picture for you.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:26 AM
elderberry99
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Yes.. have had several sets but since the floorboard parking brake has a line attached to it I'm just not sure it will extend out another inch. This is why I say it may not work.

The 14 guys will know for sure or can take a picture for you.
Thanks.
I am very excited to make the change. Just sorry I am waiting for February to do it.
IT'S MY HARLEY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 05:19 PM
rsnook
6th Gear
Default New triglide

I picked up my 2014 Triglide after Thanksgiving, since then I have been able to ride it a grand total of three times, twice back from the dealer for new work on things I had installed and once just riding. All three times temperature up here in PA was below 50. But the one day the sun was out and I said eff it, I want to ride. TRaded in an Ultra Classic. When I first rode it was not to sure if I made a mistake. On the way home it started raining. If I was on two wheels I would have been holding on for dear life, wrecked one in the rain, the trike just kept chugging along, the more I rode the better I felt, the better I felt the more I rode, the more I rode---you get the idea. Love it, some things not used to yet, but almost at the end of that learning curve...