Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

WHAT DO YOU DO or DID DO

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 11:16 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Deucedog: Your doing fine man. Great story. Folks like you are the backbone of this country.

Nice gaggle of grandkids!

Last edited by lh4x4; 02-22-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Just found this thread; hey, there's a four year gap there!

Anyway, 34 years in nuclear power, started off with a 2-year Associates degree in it, twirling huge valves and checking bearings for a couple of years then, 3 years as a licensed Reactor Operator, 7 as a Senior RO in charge of the control room, a year as shift manager in charge of the plant when the big whigs weren't there.

Then twenty-two years in training the new bucks coming in, liked it enough to get my teaching degree at 45. Started homebrewing 20 years ago and won some medals, became a certified beer judge (great gig!!!). I'm probably on batch #150 or so, still do.

Picked up the bass guitar ten years ago at 50, been playing in local bands, probably played a hundred gigs so far.

Semi-retired five years ago at 55, but I've been going back as a nuclear road ***** doing various consulting things part-time, maybe 12-28 hrs/wk flexible, mostly from home, for 4.5 years of that. It pays the #$*% health care, travel and let's me by toys like . . . My '14 Tri Glide!

We've ridden it from near Toledo to Sacramento and back one trip, down along the gulf another. Last July my sweetie had a triple bypass, so no trip last year, but she's doing fantastic and I think we're going to 'do' New England on a 14 day trip late this summer for our 40th.

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 02-25-2017 at 01:29 PM.